NFL Discussion thread

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Brett Favre didn't care... and he was high on that list.

The hits were legal, but they got extra for injuries... maybe I'm in the minority, but the only thing I see that was really wrong was having to place bets on it vs. doing their jobs and having those things happen w/o needing money as a motivator to do it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is no different than people paying non-victims to claim that they were victimized in an attempt to character assassinate a political candidate. The same can apply to a political party wrongfully paying volunteers to go out an actually fill out voter registration forms for unregistered voters under the guise of a voter registration drive. Cheating & cheap shots for pay are common, but if we are going to have disdain for one shouldn't we have disdain for all?

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Brett Favre didn't care... and he was high on that list.

The hits were legal, but they got extra for injuries... maybe I'm in the minority, but the only thing I see that was really wrong was having to place bets on it vs. doing their jobs and having those things happen w/o needing money as a motivator to do it.

Hey, if Ronnie Lott was a betting man, he would have cleaned up. All his hits were legal, and plenty of TE & WR's had the bruises to prove it. I wish that he had played for the Raiders. He had the Raider mentality!:D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Trying to injure a player in order to leave them unable to play football is inexcusable...im sorry, as much as i moan and groan about bringing the physicality back to football and quit softening it up with all these rules, there's also a line that has to be drawn in the sand when it comes to putting bounties on players in order to eliminate them from play or end their career...it is all too easy to wrap a QB up and tear their knees to pieces, or a WR, or even the TE's these days. Play hard, play tough, play physically...but don't try to injure another player to the extent these bounties were leveled on, that's just too much.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I hope that whatever team Tebow lands with gets to face Denver in the playoffs and that team kicks Denver's ARSE. :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope that whatever team Tebow lands with gets to face Denver in the playoffs and that team kicks Denver's ARSE. :D

Yep. Still, from a business standpoint, Broncos management was wise to go after Manning. His talent, knowledge of the game is incalculable. Is it a risk, especially if he gets re-injured and they've gotten rid of Tebow? Of course, it is. Still, as much as I like Tebow and want him to succeed in the NFL (and he will), there is no way I would've passed on a chance to get Peyton Manning. On the other hand, the 49ers has enough talent to where they didn't "need" to go after Manning and Alex Smith has every right to feel betrayed and disrespected and the 49ers may very well pay for it in the upcoming season depending on Smith's mentality when the season begins, in my opinion.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, if Manning gets hurt, maybe i'll get to see Brady Quinn play some football.:p

I'm a Bronco fan so believe me when I tell you that Brady Quinn was traded a day or two ago to Kansas City. So yes you'll be able to watch Quinn in a Broncos game twice a year...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Go Eagles Go

eagles.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Duvi, this trade has me a bit confused..

i thought Sanchez was "THE Guy". are the Jets starting to lean another direction already? or is this a "well see how training camp goes/QB duel/safety net" scenario?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Duvi, this trade has me a bit confused..

i thought Sanchez was "THE Guy". are the Jets starting to lean another direction already? or is this a "well see how training camp goes/QB duel/safety net" scenario?
It's more like "another option" rather than "who's gonna be the guy".

They gave mark an extension already and he's locked up for five years. The real issue is what happens when mark's first pass in the season is an interception. The fans will be booing Sanchez and asking for Tebow.

The trade makes sense in the "we can do more things, like ground and pound" aspect, but it's gonna really have Gang Green nation wondering wtf they're doing. I say that because we had a chance to keep Brad Smith a few years back who did the same that Tebow does, maybe w/o as good of a throwing arm, but also ran punts back for us.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2