NFL Discussion thread

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Seattle came into the game far more prepared during that game...and the Saints went in a bit lazy if im honest, you could tell that the championship vision just wasnt there in Brees, he played like a hero against the Falcons and i guess they felt the saints game was going to be an easy one so they went in weak...it was very surprising, and i doubt Seattle gets another round like that.

Atlanta/GB was not what i wanted to see, but we have beat them once already, and know we can do it again if they prepped right. GB has found a running game, so they have to make sure they stop it and do it early...Rogers seems to be in his prime of the season right now too, so they need to bruise him up a bit, remind him what we did to the Saints with the massive blitz onslaught.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I think that's a more than fair assessment, Sean. The Saints played lazy all season. Brees wasn't on his game this year, and the team was so plagued with injuries that it just lost momentum. Oh well. There's always next season.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
GB, definitely found their running game, but that could just be the Eagle defense.

Honestly, I think GB takes this. The game against the Eagles could have easily been won by more TDs if it weren't a few dropped passes, one being the one dropped at the end of the half that was a sure TD.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd hardly call one games results a definitive "found", if that were the case then we could argue that Seattle also "found" their running game against the Saints...and we all know that wasn't the case. As far as the game being won by more TD's, that could go either way, as both teams made some big mistakes...hell, if Vick lofted that ball a few more inches you wouldn't even be talking about GB in the 2nd round.

Green Bay is a good team, they have some definite strengths, and they have some obvious weaknesses. Atlanta has had 2 weeks of rest, alot of study time and they also have a substantially better running game than the Packers...combine that with the home field advantage and the crowd at the Dome along with our home record and you have a scenario that Green Bay prob did NOT want to see.

I dont guarantee the Falcons win here, but they have a more than good chance to take it...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i will thoroughly enjoy watching T. Brady dismantle the Jets.. again

Cromartie has just fueled the fire with his childish remarks and their "foot fetish" coach needs to concentrate on the game, not backing up the remarks like two little high school girls during an afternoon recess

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
NFL playoff rules were changed this season so that field goals would not end sudden death overtime instantly...the other team now get's a possession to try and score after a field goal is kicked.

did a little investigating and this currently only applies for the post season ;)

however, they are lobbying for the regular season
___

sooo... it's looking like the lockout is gonna happen..

imagine, no NFL next season. this is gonna suck!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No NFL next season? Nooooo!!!!! The NFL is what keeps me off the streets! I will return to my life of crime!

Ok, maybe not. But what am I gonna do with all that free time?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'd hardly call one games results a definitive "found", if that were the case then we could argue that Seattle also "found" their running game against the Saints...and we all know that wasn't the case. As far as the game being won by more TD's, that could go either way, as both teams made some big mistakes...hell, if Vick lofted that ball a few more inches you wouldn't even be talking about GB in the 2nd round.

Green Bay is a good team, they have some definite strengths, and they have some obvious weaknesses. Atlanta has had 2 weeks of rest, alot of study time and they also have a substantially better running game than the Packers...combine that with the home field advantage and the crowd at the Dome along with our home record and you have a scenario that Green Bay prob did NOT want to see.

I dont guarantee the Falcons win here, but they have a more than good chance to take it...
i wasn't referring to one game, nor was i referring to the amount of yards for rushing. when i said found their rushing game, i was referring to what the coach wanted for the team all along... a balanced attack. they were rushing the ball on 3rd down towards the end of the season, more so than the season before.

i actually was busy today and just noticed the score. was it the running attack? i'll be watching sportscenter for the highlights later.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
That GB game was as good a game I've seen any team play in a good long while. Strong on both sides of the ball. Rogers and his offense did pretty well what they wanted to, when they wanted to. I mean, no punts? At all during the entire game - that's serious ball control. And the defense was relentless.

I don't think the Falcons knew what hit them.

After that game one would be hard pressed not to favor them over the Bears/Seahawks for a trip to Dallas in three weeks.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Bears crushing the Seahawks so far (21-0) .. But I think we can all agree based on the Steelers-Ravens game yesterday, its not over until its over.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Holy sh*t...lol. The football gods frowned on top seeds this week...Tom Brady showed up with 2min. left, what a frickin' joke. He's consistent 99.999999999% of the time, and today he was just not...

i wasn't referring to one game, nor was i referring to the amount of yards for rushing. when i said found their rushing game, i was referring to what the coach wanted for the team all along... a balanced attack. they were rushing the ball on 3rd down towards the end of the season, more so than the season before.

Nobody was talking about a GB rushing attack until that one game...be honest with yourself, the Packers didn't have a ground attack peep until that one game, and they didn't do anything with it against Atlanta either...didn't need to, Aaron Rogers prison raped us.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Not at all the match-ups I expected (hoped) for next weekend.

Kudos to the Jets for being able to stymie Brady and his vaunted corps of receivers long enough to win it. I'm not at all a fan of the Jets (and my wife will now be moping till the start of the next season) but credit where credit is due.

So here's to a Steelers/Packers Superbowl.... (which probably now guarantees a Jets/Bears final instead).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro