NFL Discussion thread

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Trestman might say that publicly but in private the team should be evaluating who gives them the best chance to win

I think that if Cutler is cleared to play he will be starting. The Bears still need to evaluate his play looking forward to
next season.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I think that if Cutler is cleared to play he will be starting. The Bears still need to evaluate his play looking forward to
next season.

I agree that he will be starting when he comes back. But I think it is a problem when the backup plays better than the starter that is looking to get Romo/Flacco money. I think that the public is starting to feel that the Bears have a better chance to win with McCown than with Cutler.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree that he will be starting when he comes back. But I think it is a problem when the backup plays better than the starter that is looking to get Romo/Flacco money. I think that the public is starting to feel that the Bears have a better chance to win with McCown than with Cutler.

I know I'm starting to feel that way.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Have to say McCown played a great game.

He did have a good game. But I have mixed emotions about the situation. Talent wise, I think that Cutler is superior. But, JM's performance this season cannot be ignored. His QBR is ridiculous. And like other Bears fans, I don't want the magic to go away so I would like to continue with JM. But Cutler is the better quarterback. And we are going to need his canon of an arm to have a chance in the playoffs if we make it there.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Any thoughts on the circus that is that Washington team?

I find it funny that they were trying to protect their QB now, instead of at the beginning of the season when he obviously wasn't ready to come back yet, but they still put him in to take the hits. I'm going to laugh my *** off if Cousins turns out to be another Foles, but I think (like the Falcons) the Redskins are going to throw the last few games for a draft pick.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Broncos defense got exposed again...this is not a good sign heading into the post season (what, with 2 games left?)

The other thing that keeps being highlighted is Manning's inability to stay calm and collected under pressure (especially when down points)...he threw the pick at the end of the game last night and that has been his M.O. over the last decade of football for him...he folds like a blanket under pressure.

I was pretty certain they were going to be the AFC bid for Super Bowl, but after last night, I really can't say that with any certainty at all anymore...they look like a team that MIGHT beat a lower seed team in the playoffs, but I honestly think the Patriots could beat them easily right now in the post season (where Brady shines).