iMore Mobile Site Hijack Ad saying "Congratulations"

barrycaceres

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I cannot seem to read the mobile version of iMore on my iPhone without the page being hijacked after just a few moments by a full-screen add that says "Congratulations" and telling me I have won something or other from Amazon.

This does not happen to me on the desktop version of the site, but only on the mobile version. Is there some ad that iMore is allowing that is doing this? Has their mobile site been hacked?

I've checked the Safari settings on my iPhone and they are pretty strict -- block popups, no cross-site tracking, ask websites not to track, fraud website warning, disallow camera and microphone.... I even cleared out the saved web data for iMore in case some previously planted bit of javascript was allowing this.

Would love to read your website on mobile, but simply cannot.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It seems we might have a rogue ad, which happens from time to time. If it continues to happen can you try to get a screencap and post it here? I'll notify our technical staff. Thanks.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Using ad-blockers will assist with this. When I disabled my ad-blocker I noticed this on a few sites I frequent. It's so annoying as it completely ruins the browsing experience.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I Hate that, I have not had that happen for a while, since that game that was about destroying sweets, did not have a blocker then !!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2