When did iMore stop being an Apple site?

I

iMore Question

Considering this is supposed to be an apple and all things related website, why is there so much space and editorial time suddenly being given to the Nintendo Switch?
Nothing on PlayStation, Xbox etc but an absolute shedfull of stuff on Nintendo!
Are they paying you to give this thing so much coverage?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Xbox is covered over on Windows Central, and PlayStation is on Android Central I believe. It’s impossible to cover only a certain company and its products 100% of the time so they added gaming systems to the websites as well. There will also be more VR related posts appearing as well.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The writers here seem to be big fans of the switch so unfortunately they write about that here too.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iMore is still an Apple-centric site and is arguably going through an adjustment period.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
iMore in it’s search for more money seems to becoming less relevant to those of us who came here for Apple related content.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not a fan of it either. However, I also realize that bills need to be paid. Nothing in life is free, and since I'm enjoying this site, and learning a lot from it, a bit of tolerance is called for!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iMore in it’s search for more money seems to becoming less relevant to those of us who came here for Apple related content.

Big reason why I stopped reading their articles here a couple of years ago. I came here for Apple and too many articles are not apple related. So now I use imore for the forums only.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
This is the thing though. Unless they want to start writing BGR level rumor mongering about everything everybody's brother's cousin's wife's grandmother heard there's only so much they can write about without being repetitive. I just scroll past the articles I don't want to read and move on.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is the thing though. Unless they want to start writing BGR level rumor mongering about everything everybody's brother's cousin's wife's grandmother heard there's only so much they can write about without being repetitive. I just scroll past the articles I don't want to read and move on.

BGR has too much crap there too.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The blog page peddling vacuum cleaners, blenders, and other products on the forum is what gets me. It just feels like spam. Sorry, but it does.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It has been almost a year since I last loaded the iMore home page on purpose. I just loaded it right now and it's a hot mess. They can say they're evolving, growing, etc but I don't recommend the site to anyone like I used to in the past.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to personally see all the gaming stuff on the sites branch off and/or expand to another site, perhaps, Gamers Central? Or something like that. They could cover all the consoles, and related gaming. We could STILL have crossover coverage where it makes sense of course. :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to personally see all the gaming stuff on the sites branch off and/or expand to another site, perhaps, Gamers Central? Or something like that. They could cover all the consoles, and related gaming. We could STILL have crossover coverage where it makes sense of course. :)

That would be a great idea. One site to cover all gaming. I could see covering new iOS games here. Like for an example a MARIO game. But otherwise have a separate site for console gaming talk and blogs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It has been almost a year since I last loaded the iMore home page on purpose. I just loaded it right now and it's a hot mess. They can say they're evolving, growing, etc but I don't recommend the site to anyone like I used to in the past.

I’ve made it perfectly clear that the site needs to be revamped and returned to its simplistic roots.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I’ve made it perfectly clear that the site needs to be revamped and returned to its simplistic roots.

Hmm. I think that there's simply not so much interest in mobile phones these days. It's a mature market. We have all had a smart phone for close to a decade. They don't change much from year to year. Android and iOS are the only two platforms of any significance left and they are more or less interchangeable.

I think it's good that this site branches out and tries to attract more users. No-one has to read stories that don't interest them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW