What on earth did they do to the iMore app

Carraser23

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I am returning back to iOS for good and love my new iPhone. On Android, I used Android central for the latest news and it worked great. I was looking forward to using iMore, but I downloaded it and it’s basically useless. It’s broken (not even sure how it’s in the App Store) and it doesn’t seem like anyone is interested in fixing it. Now I have to either use the crap mobile web version or this app and it’s not the same. I haven’t seen anyone on here talking about it unless it’s old news and people have already accepted it. Any input would be awesome.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the old or new version? A new version was released earlier this year and its news only. It’s basically the iMore home page.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
On a related topic - I’m (im)patiently waiting for the iMore forums app, and the other MN forum apps to be updated for the iPhone X’s screen....
Getting a little tired of the letterboxes @ the top & bottom of the screen in the app currently. It’s like having virtual bezels - that I don’t want.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
C’mon iMore/MN - it’s been nearly 3 months since the X launched and I’m still waiting on your forum apps being updated to the X’s native resolution. Enough already with the black bands (virtual bezels) at the top and bottom of the screen :sigh:

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
There’s light at the end of the tunnel after all!! Although I’m still waiting for the iMore forums app to update, just got the notification for and updated the Windows Central forum app, and that update includes support for the iPhone X’s screen... and, imo it looks gorgeous.

Can’t wait to see the iMore app get the same treatment.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

To post an image on web view, you have to switch to Full View, or desktop View.

Web view is fine on my iPhone 6s Plus.
b1ec1874647eb4d4972dcf4cd4ed2283.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was on my iPad when I took that, in landscape mode

I just checked my iPad again and I’m still getting the same screen. However when I cchecked it on my iPhone I can see my notifications. So it seems like there somewhere glitch with iPads.

Last edited: