iMore is has become Unusable

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Imore is has become Unusable

Just amazing how this once wonderful site has become almost unusable. Trackers, obtrusive ads etc. Any hope of ever getting it back to running reasonably well.

Not to mention the clumsy looking homepage. The ease of use is completely absent now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hey everyone and thanks for taking the time to let us know of the issues you are having!

Let me see if I get this right:

- Most of the issues appear to be around trackers which slows the site down and sometimes even stopping it from loading
- The amount of trackers and ads are, understandably, making you use AdBlockers which render the burger menu and ability to log in non functional
- Issues with the navigation in general (?), the design etc

Trackers: This is an ongoing process for us and while it is still bad (it really is!) it's now much better than it was a couple of months ago...the work continues...
AdBlocker: We are adding a way to log in from the Forum header area
Designs: We are listening and are committed to brining you a great experience - we spent a lot of time thinking about and testing with our regular members before pushing the new forums live - if anything is missing we will deal with it asap so don't hesitate to let us know!

tx again!

Why no option to upload images on the mobile site? And no way to switch to desktop view in Safari mobile? I'd much rather have desktop view than mobile.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm still having tons of issues. Forums only load partially on Chrome and safari and about 40% of the time the page loads blank.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After mentioning I didn't see a way to switch to desktop in Safari mobile several times, I finally found how. It's the little spy glass icon next to the gear icon.
6b38726969b0c448f2bdfb4bcf73a1d7.jpg

Presto, the desktop view.
134f49506c59fa4a572d4d899c680772.jpg

So now images can be uploaded.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Ledsteplin - You're a sleuth! Ironic that the icon is a magnifying glass... :p

I'll check with the team to make sure that's the intended icon and function. Any other suggestions don't hesitate to sound off in this thread!

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, well, glad I finally figured out how to access these forums....it wasn't easy! :mad:

And I thought I was the only one completely baffled these past months by the iMore redesign-ha! :sarcastic: :no:

The site has become so frustrating to navigate, I have been seriously considering abandoning it for another Apple-centric site. Anyone have any suggestions for a site that matches what iMore does? I'd miss Rene's analysis, the how-tos, and the product reviews here, though...:(

For now, can anyone tell me how to get ALL of the blog articles so show as you scroll down like they used to? Thanks!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After mentioning I didn't see a way to switch to desktop in Safari mobile several times, I finally found how. It's the little spy glass icon next to the gear icon.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/6b38726969b0c448f2bdfb4bcf73a1d7.jpg
Presto, the desktop view.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170829/134f49506c59fa4a572d4d899c680772.jpg

So now images can be uploaded.

The little spy glass that takes me to desktop view is now gone. So no way to access desktop view in Safari on iPhone and no way to get Trending.
UPDATE: After messing with it a while, I got the spy glass back.

Last edited:

jasonhb147

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
For an Apple centric site, it is a terrible experience on an iOS device. It is unusable on my phone (iPhone X) as once you navigate to the site, you get a constant full screen ad that will not clear down, not matter how many times you try and close it and you can’t get to the site.

On the iPad, at least I can navigate and read things on the site, but scroll down to the bottom of the home page and all you get is the spinning wheel and older topics never load.

Not good enough, almost at the point of not wanting to use the site anymore which is a shame as I actually like the articles and the forums as well

Jason

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For an Apple centric site, it is a terrible experience on an iOS device. It is unusable on my phone (iPhone X) as once you navigate to the site, you get a constant full screen ad that will not clear down, not matter how many times you try and close it and you can’t get to the site.

On the iPad, at least I can navigate and read things on the site, but scroll down to the bottom of the home page and all you get is the spinning wheel and older topics never load.

Not good enough, almost at the point of not wanting to use the site anymore which is a shame as I actually like the articles and the forums as well

Jason

Hi Jason, and thank you for sharing your dismay and your concerns will be addressed. Hopefully, we’ll get things to expectations soon. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73