iMore Not Very Active

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, Im going to revive an old thread. :)

Yes, some areas on here are as dead as AOL, dial up and bulletin boards. (chuckles.....from another thread)

When I come to the forums, I always start with unanswered threads, and jump in where I can unless it's a post started by iMore, which is usually a link to an article. Then I go through the forums looking for those areas that aren't used much and try to get things going. However, I don't want to post something just to be posting something. I'd like my post to have meaning. Like right now, I'm explaining my normal forums browsing procedure.

I agree about the older forums. My son has a 6S+ and my wife and I both have 7+ and original Apple Watches. Those areas are not really used much as, like commented above, most of the issues have been resolved and nothing much new for any of those devices.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. But yes, I do think some areas could be merged or deleted.

Just my $.02.

Well stated, sir. I wear multiple hats here at iMore so I peruse the forums somewhat differently. I do tend to focus on the unanswered threads initially, but I also have to look for rule violators and trends. For the most part, I can tell who’s going to be a problem, who’s going to try to post SPAM, especially in areas they think we won’t look for it. In addition, to that, I try to take some time to alter thread titles to make bring them inline with the actual post therein. Anyway, forum traffic ebbs and flows and I think that once the forum site gets an overhaul and return to its simplicity, things will pick up.

blaine07

Case & Accessory Champion
Champion
Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I’ll say this, I’m here because of the members. I’ve met some awesome people here and developed real friendships.

I don’t have a ton necessarily to contribute as far as new threads day to day but I do try to help where I can. I don’t remember specifically but I’m sure I was drawn here because I, too, needed help at one point.

The members are what makes this place what it is. I’d, personally, much rather have a smaller group of more tight nit folks than tons of junk and silly people. I also realize no traffic, no revenue from ads means no forum

I agree with as stated above, however, that some of the forums could be merged. Maybe specific sub forums for some of the new(er) devices and lump some of the “legacy” forums for older stuff.

The people of iMore are AWESOME!

If i wasn’t around what would the MODs have to do 🤦🏼*♂️

-Blaine

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
it's about 30 basis points favorable for us going into the December quarter. And obviously we're going to be benefiting from the leverage which is typical of our seasonality in the December quarter.

I don’t know what you mean by basis points and what leverage are you referring to?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner