New iMore App: Official Feedback Thread

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone! Well - so much going on around here at iMore! Just last week we launched a new site design. This week we're launching a brand NEW iMore app! So great!

Inside the app you'll find all sorts of iMore goodness including features, analysis, round-ups, buyers guides, recommendations, and a whole lot more.

If you have the app ([URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imore/id511668903?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]if not download here![/URL]), we kindly ask you to provide your feedback below. Provide details on any bugs, inconsistencies, or things that don't look right to you.

As always - we can't do this without your help... So thanks in advance for the feedback!!

Last edited:

Cakefish

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Honestly, I don't like it.

The app is unresponsive, loads content very slowly and has none of the customisation options that the Android Central and Windows Central apps have, such as night mode and the ability to curate content. It also often ejects itself from iPad Air 2 memory when switching between apps, whereas other apps remain in memory - it reloads itself completely when switching back to the app. This isn't an issue with the Air 2 as other apps do not display this behaviour.

Edit: as others have pointed out, the lack of comment functionality is a major step back from the previous versions of the app.

Last edited:

jschu22

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Ive already posted a couple of glaring negatives (I know its very early though) like no commenting and no forum access.

I do like how it fades in and out of articles though.

Does "Buy Guide" really deserve a dedicated persistent button at the bottom?

anon(10195731)

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Did Apple acquire Mobile Nations and instead focus on design instead of functionality?

Seriously guys, I don't know what you were thinking. Not only the app looks terrible but it is incredibly glitchy. I noticed the settings took some time to come up (on an iPhone SE with the A9 processor of the 6s) and then the app just messed up when trying to go back.

Second, are you guys seriously redirecting us to Safari to comment or do anything account related?? What happened to the account integration? And well done for pulling a Zuckerberg and now making us download the forums app just to use the forums. I can't even use my external login on that dumb app. I wouldn't be surprised if it got discontinued too.

I just got my iPhone a month ago and use iMore to keep up to date with Apple News, now if you Mobile Nations people do the same thing to Android and Windows Central apps on their respective platform, I'm done. I really prefer the app over the websites.

Kris Simundson

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Agree with everyone else in here.

Also what's with the horrible icon?

When I think of iPhone I don't think of taxi yellow.

Edit: I've deleted the app in the mean time. That icon and all the silly changes like no comments is ridiculous. I'll just bookmark the imore website.

And if the answer to the long load times of the old app was to remove comments than someone isn't doing their job properly.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't updated mine yet. The only thing I'd like to see added is the accounts page. That would require a log in. And change the color.

taife32

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
No forums access, no real settings (nothing in there), no logging in capability. But most of all, I really do not like the pesistant bar at the bottom. I'm hoping that it's early days otherwise that bar will hide itself when I start scrolling on an article.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Well I think it is a process where are some stuff to be done, hopefully in no time more functionalities will be added and recovered.

I think an App for Android users (because you can have a MBP and an Android or Windows device) would be nice.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
At least with Tapatalk I can read the blogs, comment and use the forums. All in one app. Great job on the redesign upgrade but it's no longer functional for me.

Comments are in the built in browser within the app. I think TapaTalk works the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711