New iMore Site Design: Official Feedback Thread

cmdacos

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully the changes will be positive enough that people actually start coming back to iMore again. This place was turning into a ghost town due to games and the like. Time will tell.
The yellow is horrible though.

anon(375783)

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I like the site layout and font, I absolutely dislike the yellow, and the new logo is tired and lazy, not something I would relate to an innovative company like Apple. Welcome to Sprint! ...sorry, I meant iMore....

MelleyMan

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been a longtime fan of iMore. Aesthetics aside (and nice job on the redesign), I'll probably slowly move away from your site with the content changes as delineated here. What you did and did well (better than anyone) was a curated place for opinion and news about the apple ecosystem, as well as how it was positioned against its competition. Commercial zoning? Politics? While politics is constitutive of any endeavor, I don't come to iMore for information on politics. I come for a curated space to engage with what one of my real interests is: tech and Apple. Now it seems as though there will no longer be a space that won't be plagued by the vagaries you can get everywhere else. Now among the sales (and I understand you need to monetize) we're going to get commercial zoning info. This seems like a move that other sites would do that Rene Richie would have taken to the woodshed for. You differentiated yourself by having a niche and doing it well. It seems that this will attempt to be too many things to too many people. Good luck.

Last edited:

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm having an issue where my notification panel won't open all the way since the redesign. I included a photo of what I'm describing: Capture.JPG

I haven't been experienced this issue before the redesign.

A Danz

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I think it would be great if I can have an 'account setting' to merge the sections that I'm interested in into a single landing page that pulls from all of those sections.

Also it would be great if articles were in the order they're updated, and if the dates only changed for significant updates. BUT that said, I understand business reasons for why THAT doesn't work that way...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Some things are broken and have been mentioned above. Surely they will be fixed up in no time.

As for the color, I would think a gradient Apple feel would come along. Either a blur effect, etc. But it is what it is.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've tried to do a couple of searches this morning by clicking on the magnifying glass, and it's not working.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think it would be great if I can have an 'account setting' to merge the sections that I'm interested in into a single landing page that pulls from all of those sections.

Also it would be great if articles were in the order they're updated, and if the dates only changed for significant updates. BUT that said, I understand business reasons for why THAT doesn't work that way...

There's a new iMore app in development, that some of us are helping to test. It has a feature that MIGHT be what you are looking for. It lets you favorite stuff and thus put JUST the blogs you want in a separate favorites sections, also it has tabs the help guides and buyers guides so members looks for those can find them easily also, and those looking for the "hard news" can go to the Latest tab.

A Danz

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I use my browser more than any app, but I should probably reconsider that given how things are going...

I actually wrote my own iOS 'browser' app. It's more of a wrapper around the Safari Web View, but it let me specify a set of sites (daringfireball, imore, loopinsight, macrumors, etc.) and quickly flip between them... It's my mobile replacement for not being able to open my "Frequent" tab set all at once...

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Trying to get to the forums today, and had issues on my PC with 3 different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and the Windows 10 browser - all up to date). The forum loaded fine once I clicked again on the Forum link.... not sure why it was loading a header.

No clue why every photo I upload to iMore is sideways. It doesn't happen anywhere else. Tired of flipping them.

2017-04-04 10.05.30.jpg
2017-04-04 10.05.22.jpg
2017-04-04 10.05.40.jpg

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
@Sherry_B, i get the same page view as you do when i click the 'Log In' button on the top left :) Its just a small bug that i know will be fixed so no big deal at the moment. I must say, while scrolling through the forums. Having this thin Black bar at the top with the 'Dark' iMore logo is really nice :D Nice and sleek. Still getting used to the new Yellow logo but will see how it goes over the next couple days. My pictures seem to come out fine. All in portrait mode as they should be. :)
Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 5.31.40 PM.png

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I hate the yellow. The site still runs like Pure Garbage. SUPER slow loads, sometimes not at all.
I just tested my download speed thinking my internet wasn't working, I got 130mbps down, this site still runs like I am on Dial up with a US robotics 33k modem.
Go to appleinsider.com and look at how many ads they have, yet their page loads Really fast.

The new site looks like you hired the kid who got fired from sprint.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm having an issue where my notification panel won't open all the way since the redesign. I included a photo of what I'm describing: View attachment 117485

I haven't been experienced this issue before the redesign.

Also getting the same thing :) Im sure it will be fixed in no time! The Dev teams seems to be really good. I normally see fixes daily. Which is very impressive. The other things i noticed is that when i click the 'Love' , 'like' button it seems to freeze during the animation. I think it still counts the like but doesn't finish the animation.
Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 5.44.47 PM.png

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm having an issue where my notification panel won't open all the way since the redesign. I included a photo of what I'm describing:
View attachment 117485

Same here.

I am also not fond of the yellow stripe across the top of the screen. Would look much much better in a pretty Apple Blue.

I highly recommend running the site through the W3C Markup Validator along with the CSS Validator so you can fix all of those errors.

r3id

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The navigation on the site is pretty poor when on mobile. It needs to be a little larger.

Other than that it's looking good

r3id

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
That said it would appear there is some poor mobile testing going on with you guys.

Considering you discuss mobile devices you'd at least expect your site to work properly on them ;) no major issues just aesthetics it would seem.

Blog post titles are overlapping images is something I just noticed, and the menu icon is just too small in an iPhone 7 Plus!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2