New Forum Design: Official Feedback Thread

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Going to iMore and then navigating to the forums from there works perfectly. Following links to a particular thread or going directly to forums.imore.com looks like this for me:
996720a23b6a3cbe887f0bea4d243df5.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Going to iMore and then navigating to the forums from there works perfectly. Following links to a particular thread or going directly to forums.imore.com looks like this for me:
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170227/996720a23b6a3cbe887f0bea4d243df5.png

Yep, that's what I get when I tap the ellipsis icon in TapaTalk, then choose Web view. And you have to tap on one of the options in the list, like forums, to find settings. And, IMO, it should say, "settings", not just a tiny cog icon.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yep, that's what I get when I tap the ellipsis icon in TapaTalk, then choose Web view. And you have to tap on one of the options in the list, like forums, to find settings. And, IMO, it should say, "settings", not just a tiny cog icon.

Should be fixed now. If not clear cache

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, i was just looking at my inbox messages today. (it's a barren place haha) and noticed that the formatting wasn't quite right :)
Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 3.06.45 PM.png

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone. So before i start, this is just my opinion :)

I was browsing through the forums today and i noticed that "Ambassadors" and "Moderators" had big rectangle boxes below. Which i thought was fine but then i saw James' "Community Manager" label and it looks nicer to me. Would it be possible to make the "moderators and ambassadors" look the same? :) or has it been done intentionally like this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 8.08.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 8.08.48 PM.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 8.09.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 8.09.26 PM.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 4

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I was browsing through the forums today and i noticed that "Ambassadors" and "Moderators" had big rectangle boxes below. Which i thought was fine but then i saw James' "Community Manager" label and it looks nicer to me. Would it be possible to make the "moderators and ambassadors" look the same? :) or has it been done intentionally like this?

I believe get are intentionally different now. They are also links now to explain that user group.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Agreed. It's a cleaner look than the badges which break up the flow of the post. But may just need to get used to them!

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site

I agree the larger badges take away or distract from the post however not my call .

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. It's a cleaner look than the badges which break up the flow of the post. But may just need to get used to them!

Good to know I'm not the only one :)

Well if enough Mods or Ambassadors like yourself who have some weight around the forums agree with me then iMore could possibly change the design. We all want it to look the best it can to attract new members to grow this lovely community :)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I still hate the wasted space on the margins.. and the color pallet is horrendous... but that's just me.

There is a small carat (">") on the right margin near the top, just beneath "Your Menu." Press that and it will get rid of most of the wasted space. Also, you might prefer the "dark mode." You can activate it by pressing the half moon symbol on "Your Menu" it is in the bottom, right of the pop down menu.

This is my largest complaint, at the moment, of the new design -- too many of the features are hidden, not obvious, and people don't know about them (much less how to activate these features).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73