Usually I understand what they're referring to. If I don't, I just move on. It's not worth getting frustrated or upset over.
    02-19-2017 09:32 PM
    So True .......... Relax-- Be Happy
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-20-2017 08:53 AM
    Hey ya'll. I speak southern so let me know if you don't understand some of my post. My tongue gets wrapped around my eye teeth sometimes and I can't see what I'ma saying.

Just having some fun but the Southern part is correct. A cross between NC and GA. LOL
    I remember back in college, I had a 30 minute argument with a professor over the use of the word "ya'll". I grew up in GA, come from an educated family who can talk slang with the best of them, but knows WHEN and WHERE to use "proper English". I told him it's not that serious dude. I now have a Ph.D and still talk "southern/slang" when I am in a "relaxed" environment....so sue me. Lol
    02-20-2017 10:29 PM
    There, their, they're. It will be okay.
    Annie_8plus and Spencerdl like this.
    02-24-2017 01:17 PM
    I remember back in college, I had a 30 minute argument with a professor over the use of the word "ya'll". I grew up in GA, come from an educated family who can talk slang with the best of them, but knows WHEN and WHERE to use "proper English". I told him it's not that serious dude. I now have a Ph.D and still talk "southern/slang" when I am in a "relaxed" environment....so sue me. Lol
    It's "y'all". LOL
    02-24-2017 01:22 PM
    Slangs are dialects. It baffles me that United States citizens will recognize different versions of Spanish as dialects but have an issue when someone speaks AAVE. It's a dialect like any other and has common rules that are followed. The Spanish I speak (being Puerto Rican) is the equivalent of what is considered slang to English here in the US, lol.

Edited to add: not saying that's what everyone here is doing, it's just on topic and something that genuinely baffles me.
    Just_Me_D, JustMcKay and Spencerdl like this.
    02-24-2017 01:45 PM
    It's "y'all". LOL
    Yeah....that's what I meant.
    02-25-2017 03:49 AM
57 123