Android iMore App - can't find on Android devices

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is a bit of a confusing one, so bear with me.

I've been wanting to download the iMore app for my Android devices for quite some time, but could never find it in the Play Store. All I'd find is the iMore Forums app (not the one that actually has all the articles on the site). I just assumed there wasn't one for Android.

Today I saw a signature saying "Sent from iMore App for Android" so I decided to do a little more digging, and the results really surprised me.

First, a screenshot of what I find when searching for "iMore App Android" on my Galaxy Tab S2 (also happens on a Moto X Play phone):

2e11d3bb0600cd23287c60d11596024c.jpg

Now, look what happens when I do the same search from my iPhone:

585d8fc9373c359ea6daa66ee85a3120.jpg

From that Android Central link, I was able to see the Play Store listing (in the same way you'd browse play.google.com page). I was then able to tell it to install to my tablet.

Seems odd that I'd get different search results depending on whether I'm using an iPhone or Android, and it seems more like Google really doesn't want people using the iMore app (or maybe it's just here in Canada)

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Interesting......

Just tried Google.com instead of Google.ca on the Tab S2 and got the results you did. Strangely, the iPhone also was using google.ca.

Still can't understand why I can't search for it on the Play Store, but I'm going to assume it's just a weird Canadian quirk....

75dcd19bd7d891ff2f603bfddbcfba25.jpg

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The main iMore app has been unpublished from Google Play. However, the forums app should let you view news items within as well. Lots of new functionality in the forums app!

returnmyjedi

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Any reason why it's been discontinued? I tend to use the Android version over iOS one as the former is (was) infinitely more polished than the latter. The Windows Central one is still there so is it just Rene et al trying to keep the Android riff raff out of their shiny and sterile Apple world?

Posted via the iMore App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal