How can I post pictures in forum?

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I didn't think I was really this stupid, but I can't figure out how to post a picture in the forum. I'm not finding any option to do that when either creating a new post or replying to one. What am I missing?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Couple of ways to do this. First one is very simple to do. Just click on the insert image icon on the menu bar. I have highlighted in image below. A new window will open, click on browse and another window will open allowing you to browse your computer for the image you want to post.

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 8.10.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 8.12.49 AM.png

The second way is to hit the Go Advanced tab at the bottom of a post window. Once it opens, go to Manage Attachments and click on it. A new window will open allowing you to search your computer for images to post.

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 8.11.49 AM.png

The third way is to post the image address. Example: http://www.smartsettle.com/smart2011/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/steel-300x207.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-12-29 at 8.22.56 AM.png

steel-300x207.jpg

Hope this helps you.

Alain_A

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Also, you have to post several meaningful posts posts before iMore allows you the ability to post photos in the forums.

Why????? Isn't a bit bs that you have to have so many post before.
What if a new comer like me come in with a problem to be solve. The first question member will ask "POST A PIC" to see what you are talking about.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What if a new comer like me come in with a problem to be solve. The first question member will ask "POST A PIC" to see what you are talking about.

It's no uncommon practice at forums. This is to avoid people posting all sorts of inappropriate pictures or spam.

In all the time I have been a member the need for a screenshot or picture is negligible.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Those are the forum rules and no, to your second question.
Not really. "Typically", we ask an OP to explain his or her situation in greater detail so we can better assist them. Have I asked people to post a screenshot of a problem they're having? Sure, I have. Was I thinking about their newness to the forum when I asked? Nope. Still, if the OP care about getting the problem resolved, I'd like to think that he or she would comply with the forum requirements, regardless of the possible inconvenience, in order to make it happen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods