So for some reason the last week or so, I have found my self using the search function of the site, rather than just doing a google search of the possible article along with imore in the search (already on imore, ect). That said, I won't be continuing to use the site search feature. I have noticed that a change has been made to the website search (aka "upgrade" I am sure). This change is that rather than an easy and fast list that I can quickly parse for the article I was looking for, it is now "a rich experience" (I think that is the fancy marketing term). The results take far, far longer to load, as each blog post result also includes a picture, that as soon as you mouse over, starts zooming in. I'm sure it sounded cool, and may even look cool. But when you are trying to find a specific article quickly to help a "muggle" with a tech issue (the imore folks can generally write a far better how-to than I can), the result is simply slow and distracting in my opinion.

Having expressed my opinions (they are only my opinions), I am curious what others think, and, if any on the MN team wish to chime in or share, what their response is? Do the other users find this change as distracting as I do, have you even noticed, or do you like it, and I am the minority?
    06-04-2015 02:49 AM
    First off, THANK YOU for your feedback!

Second, it's true, we recently launched new search on the sites... a lot of work went on behind-the-scenes on it, but we do realize we can continue to improve and evolve the functionality and quality.

With that in mind, please do continue to provide your feedback here, we really appreciate it... and yes, we DO take all feedback into consideration. If there's something really bothering you, let your voice be heard. We can make this feature (and others) better together!

You can also contact me direct at any time, my contact details are below.
    06-04-2015 09:07 AM
    First off, THANK YOU for your feedback!

Second, it's true, we recently launched new search on the sites... a lot of work went on behind-the-scenes on it, but we do realize we can continue to improve and evolve the functionality and quality.

With that in mind, please do continue to provide your feedback here, we really appreciate it... and yes, we DO take all feedback into consideration. If there's something really bothering you, let your voice be heard. We can make this feature (and others) better together!

You can also contact me direct at any time, my contact details are below.
    Thank you for the reply James! I wrote that quite late last night, so it may of sounded far harsher in tone than I would like, but the points are the same. The loading time I think is the biggest for me, but I am sure behind the scenes the tech folks want it to be faster too.
    I will say that I have noticed a few other recent changes around the MN sites, with lay outs, etc, and have mostly felt they were improvements or welcome refreshes, which spurred me all the more to give feedback on changes I see as having issues. I haven't been around the longest, but long enough to see the changes and growth, which are both awesome.
    06-04-2015 10:18 AM
    No worries at all, the feedback is much appreciated.

Keep it coming and don't be shy. Providing feedback as you have shows 1) you're pretty awesome and 2) you care. I like that.
    06-05-2015 08:43 AM
    Just a follow up on the search, I have noticed that the, imo, distracting image zoom is gone, which on my devices at least, is allowing for a much faster return on searches. Keep up the great work folks!
    06-11-2015 07:21 PM