iMore staff on Mac Break Weekly

AngriBuddhist

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been a fan of Mac Break Weekly for 5+ years and I just listened to my last episode.

Over the course of the last few months, each episode has been getting more and more uncomfortable to listen to. It's not that having a critical opinion of Apple, it's products or it's policies bother me, but the continual Apple bashing by Leo, and even more so by Andy, has gotten so pervasive that Rene's and the guest's uncomfortableness can be felt by the listener.

In the last few episodes, it seems that no one can get out a sentence before Andy goes off on a five minute rant about how whatever Apple thing is being discussed totally sucks and how his Android counterpart is so much better.

Again, these opinions don't bother me. It's the fact that this used to be a show for Apple fans and is now a somber, uncomfortable affair with two Haters who make the other hosts and, worse yet, guests come across as Apologists.

As I've listened to the last couple of months worth of episodes, I can't help but feel sorry for Rene and the guests who come on this show. They expect to talk about Apple, not defend them or their own opinions from hostile hosts.

Maybe it's time to consider not having iMore staff appear on Mac Break Weekly anymore.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal