iMore site loading on desktop

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this is a site or a computer problem, but for a long time now the iMore site takes a long time to load onto my desktop (a Dell Vostro 220 with Intel Core Duo E7500 @2.93 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM, running Windows 7 Professional). When I start loading it, the screen will appear to freeze, and the cursor become non-functional, for about 5 minutes; sometimes I get a message saying something about the page not responding because of a long-running script, as the verticle scroll bar gets smaller and smaller as more stuff -a lot of ads- gets loaded on. The iPhone version just takes a few seconds to load onto my 6+. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
May want to try Firefox to see if the script has an issue that is causing IE to hang up. This way if a different browser ends up having the same problem it may help pinpoint what's going on with a script or other content.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@ArGiEs - if you could try with a bunch of different browsers that'd be helpful. Could be something related to IE only... so if you can test in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc, that'd be awesome :)

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Safari on my HP laptop and it is a miserable experience for the first couple of minutes while it loads bookmarks. It's effectively frozen.

I believe it's a Safari on a Windows Machine rather than an iMore thing.

Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had no problem with Safari myself. Otherwise, IE does fine with everything, except for a rather annoying issue with iTunes I've posted elsewhere here. I don't consider this a major issue - it's taken me weeks to even make the time to sit down and post about it. My computer is 6 years old, and it's shown some other annoying drags; in a year or two I'm seriously considering jumping to Mac, via a Mac Mini, & have done with it. We'll see

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@ArGiEs - Heard. Of all the browsers IE does give us the most grief, for whatever reason. It's something almost constantly on the tech team's agenda. That said, if you can provide exact steps to replicate ANY issue, by all means pass them to me. Happy to look at, diagnose, and (hopefully) fix with the team here.

Thanks again for the feedback :)

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is a site or a computer problem, but for a long time now the iMore site takes a long time to load onto my desktop (a Dell Vostro 220 with Intel Core Duo E7500 @2.93 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM, running Windows 7 Professional). When I start loading it, the screen will appear to freeze, and the cursor become non-functional, for about 5 minutes; sometimes I get a message saying something about the page not responding because of a long-running script, as the verticle scroll bar gets smaller and smaller as more stuff -a lot of ads- gets loaded on. The iPhone version just takes a few seconds to load onto my 6+. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

I experience the same issue as well Daily. I'm on firefox. I refuse to use IE.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. IE drives me to drink.
Or it could be that my laptop was a throwaway laptop meant to be used only for a year.....bought three years ago.....

Saving for my Mac....

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
For anyone still interested: have fired up iMore on Safari a number of times now, and it comes up very nicely (haven't timed it with a stopwatch, but it's just a few seconds). I am now switching to Safari as my defalt browser. @ James Falconer: honestly, the only steps for recreating that issue on IE are 1)click on iMore desktop icon 2) wait for iMore to load 3) and wait, and wait, and wait....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner