Is anyone else having problems receiving notifications with the iMore Forums app?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I am using the iMore Forums app, and recently I have stopped receiving notifications of any kind. I have the notifications all turned on, for quoted posts, subscribed topics, etc. but am not getting notifications. Anyone else having a problem with it, or know how to fix it?

hydroge3

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: iMore Forums App Issues

Same here. No notifications period. The same is happening with tap talk.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using 100% recycled electrons and of course Tapatalk

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: iMore Forums App Issues

Wasn't having notification issues, but was having lots of crashing issues. Deleted and installed Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I might have to install Tapatalk then unfortunately. Also, is there a day when the iMore forums app will be updated for the iPhone 6/6+?

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
So, to fix the notification issues with taptalk and the imore app, should I delete and reinstall?

Last edited:

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I did delete imore app and reinstall. Still no notifications. Same for taptalk as well.

Buler .. Buler .. lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, to fix the notification issues with taptalk and the imore app, should I delete and reinstall?

Notifications for the Tapatalk should work fine. I'm not having any issues with it. Having said that, go ahead and try uninstalling and reinstalling it. In regard to the iMore Forums app, an updated version was in the works and awaiting Apple approval. Whether that's still the case, I cannot say. With that in mind, past notifications issues with the iMore app were often resolved with the installation of an updated Tapatalk plugin from iMore's side. An email message will be sent to the network mods on your behalf, but being that mobile nations are preparing for tomorrow's start of CES2015, I can't say how soon this issue can be resolved.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Notifications for the Tapatalk should work fine. I'm not having any issues with it. Having said that, go ahead and try uninstalling and reinstalling it. In regard to the iMore Forums app, an updated version was in the works and awaiting Apple approval. Whether that's still the case, I cannot say. With that in mind, past notifications issues with the iMore app were often resolved with the installation of an updated Tapatalk plugin from iMore's side. An email message will be sent to the network mods on your behalf, but being that mobile nations are preparing for tomorrow's start of CES2015, I can't say how soon this issue can be resolved.

Thank you sir.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
F.Y.I. deleting the taptalk app and reinstalling solved for the notification issues.. This did not work for the imore app.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
F.Y.I. deleting the taptalk app and reinstalling solved for the notification issues.. This did not work for the imore app.

Okay thanks. I did notify the network mods earlier, but have yet to receive a response.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have the previous version synced to iTunes, delete the latest version and then restore the previous version via iTunes. That's what I did.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm not liking this "new" taptalk update.. Not one bit.

It's not necessary that you use TapaTalk. Just use TapaTalk's notifications and the iMore app for the rest. I've done that before with another forum.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

franknasty

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
It's not necessary that you use TapaTalk. Just use TapaTalk's notifications and the iMore app for the rest. I've done that before with another forum.

How do you do that?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

hydroge3

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

I would but I'm not receiving notifications from taptalk again.

*sigh*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you do that?

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
You download both apps. Add iMore to TapaTalk. Set up notifications for TapaTalk. Use the iMore app to read and post. It worked for me with another forum. It's been a while. What you do on one app shows on the other. So you get the same notifications.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice