Absence for 1 Year and disgusted with new site and ads

JF7FSU

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I went Android for about a year and left the site. I recently ordered a 6+ and came back to see what was the latest and could not believe the number of ads and how slow the pages load. I'm not sure if Rene sold the site, or what. The homey, iMore site I used to know is gone and become Wal-Mart.

Please strip most of the ads and streamline the site. It's bad guys. I have a 25Mb/s line and its like a turtle. Peace.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I went Android for about a year and left the site. I recently ordered a 6+ and came back to see what was the latest and could not believe the number of ads and how slow the pages load. I'm not sure if Rene sold the site, or what. The homey, iMore site I used to know is gone and become Wal-Mart.

Please strip most of the ads and streamline the site. It's bad guys. I have a 25Mb/s line and its like a turtle. Peace.

Sorry you don't like the site but someone has to pay the bills. Enjoy your new phone.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's just the nature of running a dot com company these days... rene and crew needs to make sure they keep the content going too... :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Three steps:
  1. Adblocker
  2. Flashblocker
  3. Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I use TapaTalk on my iP 5. So I can't say about online loading speed. I have used the site in Safari a few times to upload wallpapers. It seemed fine there. The ads? They're everywhere now. We're seeing more and bigger ads than ever before. It's not just iMore. Some forums are even offering ads in TapaTalk. On iPhone, we're seeing more full page ads and videos. Then there's the iBeacons, where if you get close to a participating store, it puts a notification on your screen about all the wonderful deals. iMore is a great forum. I see very few complaints about it being slow to load. And I have no clue why it does that way for you. I hope you stick around.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@JF7FSU - Thanks for coming back, and for the candid feedback.

iMore will definitely have more ads than the last time you were around. The site has grown leaps and bounds. Our editorial team is stronger than ever, delivering awesome content you won't find anywhere else... our forums membership is bigger and better than ever... our volunteer teams have grown (and are doing amazing stuff in the forums too)... and of course traffic has reached new heights.

As you might imagine, the costs involved to support our store, servers, tech team, editorial team, etc. have all gone up, so it's natural you might see a few more ads.

That said, I'm not about to brush off your comments. We have had some issues with slow loading ads and general site lag over the past few months, and our tech team is working hard to resolve all issues.

If you have any specific details that might help us troubleshoot and fix, I encourage you to email me direct with the details (my email is below). The more info you can provide the better. Screenshots, OS and browser details, error messages, Safari web inspector details, etc... any hard data we can use to recreate problems on our end is always welcomed.

Thanks again for reaching out. It's good to have you back, and I hope you stick around!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox