iMore causing flash loader to eat up a decent amount of CPU power...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is the only forum that causes this kind of load...maybe you guys can dial back the absolutely hilarious amount of ads on your page? Sheesh...

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 9.32.20 PM.png

...and that is a mild screen shot. It shoots up to 60%-70% at times...triggers fans obviously, and if a person was browsing with a lesser spec'ed machine, their browsing experience would probably be pretty degraded.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the flash blocker add on in Safari now, I guess it was removed when updating to Yosemite...I just reinstalled it after my computer started this crap again, but figured someone might want to know for those who aren't quite as intuitive about working around this kind of stuff.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the flash blocker add on in Safari now, I guess it was removed when updating to Yosemite...I just reinstalled it after my computer started this crap again, but figured someone might want to know for those who aren't quite as intuitive about working around this kind of stuff.

Good timely tip. This is exactly what I noticed tonight as well. Fans were running full force when only on iMore. Sure enough, ClickToFlash was disabled. Re-enabled it, and for now no fans or noticeable heating from my MB Air.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2