Is it possible to exclude certain forums from my "New Posts" searches?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I love iMore for its tech coverage, but I hate that every time I do a search for new posts I get slammed with political rhetoric and Ebola scares. Is there any way to simply filter those forums from my searches?

After many years of being a regular reader here, I regret to say that I come to iMore less and less lately because of this.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually had a post about this some years ago; it was possible then to alter your search URL to include "&exclude" text along with forum ID numbers, but I can't locate that post now (and of course that method may no longer work). I'll update if I find something.

In the meantime, I hope the admins will consider that there are those of us who avoid cable news programs for a reason!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Good point, there are a lot of Tapatalk users. Hopefully someone at iMore/Mobile Nations will take it under consideration.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Good point, there are a lot of Tapatalk users. Hopefully someone at iMore/Mobile Nations will take it under consideration.

I have another forum that I visit that does allow you to disable certain forums or subforums. But this only works from a web browser. When I access that site via Tapatalk, all of the forums are visible - there doesn’t seem to be a way to hide them via Tapatalk, even if the forum software at the site allows it. Clearly it’s an issue that needs to be addressed at the server level, but it IS annoying.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I wish for this also. For the first time since I've been visiting iMore I've added people to my ignore list. I would much rather block an entire sub-forum.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Massie - I agree with you. Shoot me a note direct (my email is below), I have a few questions for you... will see what I can pull together for you and all of our members!

@HankAZ - If you could email me live examples from other sites that you think work well, I'll take a look!

Thanks all!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
@Massie - I agree with you. Shoot me a note direct (my email is below), I have a few questions for you... will see what I can pull together for you and all of our members!

@HankAZ - If you could email me live examples from other sites that you think work well, I'll take a look!

Thanks all!

Hi James,

Thanks for the response! I don't see your email, though. Feel free to PM me if that's easier.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Thanks all!

Email sent.