Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more! | Order: AirPods 2 | New iPhones
    I have been having a conversation with a number of people over the past several days and I logged today only to find a message that said my thread is no longer available? All of the posts, responses and pictures are all gone?? When I went to log in it said that I was no longer welcome to access it because I tried to change somebody else's posts?? I did not try and change anybody's posts. I had a hard enough time keeping up with my own. I contacted someone via email from the support team of this forum, but, he cannot find any restrictions or problems related to my account. I was the one was writing about my opinion of the 5S taking terrible pictures and the Apple Reps who keep saying its normal. At 2 am yesterday, I went in and posted beautiful I phone 4 pictures so you'll could see why I expected more out of the 5S. I have never posted anything on any type of forum in the past. Everyone says they are not affiliated with Apple, but, yet I write something negative about my 5s and the customer service I have received from Apple and poof someone deletes 3 days worth of pictures and threads.?? I am not sure what to think, but, I am very disappointed. I invested alot of time into this forum.
    08-02-2014 12:28 AM
    Hey Lisa,

I remember your thread and all the replies on that thread. Lot of concert pics were uploaded too. I really did not see any problem as you were just expressing your opinion on the camera lens on 5s which you have.

Quite strange that has been deleted. It would be worth checking with Ambassadors of iMore. They are very kind and helpful!

Good luck.

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    08-02-2014 12:43 AM
    While it does suck to have all work stuff deleted, it was determined that you in fact had not taken those pics with the 5s but the the 4 (you called it 4g, 4s, and then 4) that you wanted people to believe had a better camera. Several pics from the 4 even had dates on them. I didn't know any of the iPhones added dates and times to their pics.

The moderators probably felt you were attempting to cause trouble since you weren't actually posting pics from the 5s and you wouldn't "listen" to suggestions.

My suggestion is to leave it alone and move on to the next subject.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    mikeo007 and agarwal.apar like this.
    08-02-2014 08:17 AM
    Thread moved to proper forum... And I'll second mzengr's suggestion.
    mikeo007 and agarwal.apar like this.
    08-02-2014 10:35 AM
    Wait are we talking about a date and time stamped to the actual picture, or the date and time set into the properties of the pictures, because my iPhone always does a pretty good job of adding information into the picture properties, usually all the way down to the aperture of the picture taken. But I have never had a timestamp on my picture

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    08-02-2014 10:55 AM
    I have been having a conversation with a number of people over the past several days and I logged today only to find a message that said my thread is no longer available? All of the posts, responses and pictures are all gone?? When I went to log in it said that I was no longer welcome to access it because I tried to change somebody else's posts?? I did not try and change anybody's posts. I had a hard enough time keeping up with my own. I contacted someone via email from the support team of this forum, but, he cannot find any restrictions or problems related to my account. I was the one was writing about my opinion of the 5S taking terrible pictures and the Apple Reps who keep saying its normal. At 2 am yesterday, I went in and posted beautiful I phone 4 pictures so you'll could see why I expected more out of the 5S. I have never posted anything on any type of forum in the past. Everyone says they are not affiliated with Apple, but, yet I write something negative about my 5s and the customer service I have received from Apple and poof someone deletes 3 days worth of pictures and threads.?? I am not sure what to think, but, I am very disappointed. I invested alot of time into this forum.
    Your original thread has been reviewed and restored. My apologies for any inconvenience.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/29...ts-normal.html
    08-02-2014 12:02 PM
    Excuse you. I said they were taken with my I Phone 4 and they were edited and cropped and stuff. They were there to compare with the 5S pictures. Last time I checked, we have freedom of speech and just because someone doesn't like what I post, it doesn't give them the right to delete it. And who are you to tell me to leave it alone and move on to the next subject. These were all pictures I took with my I phone.
    08-02-2014 12:03 PM
    Excuse you. I said they were taken with my I Phone 4 and they were edited and cropped and stuff. They were there to compare with the 5S pictures. Last time I checked, we have freedom of speech and just because someone doesn't like what I post, it doesn't give them the right to delete it. And who are you to tell me to leave it alone and move on to the next subject. These were all pictures I took with my I phone.
    Nope. You posted several pictures you stated were taken from your 5S. Looking at the metadata for some of the pictures showed they were actually taken by your iPhone 4. Others were taken by a 5S as stated.

You also posted pictures that you said were taken by your iPhone 4. Of those pictures 3 of them were actually taken with a Canon SX50. The others were actually taken by the iPhone 4 as stated.

Why don't you take your 5S to the Apple Store. While in the store take a picture with it. Also take a picture with one of the display model 5S's. The same exact picture with the same zoom, focal point, lighting, etc. Then compare the two pictures. If they look the same, then your 5S's camera is working fine (note: you may still be dissatisfied with it, but that's different than the camera not working correctly). If they don't look the same, then you have something to show the store employees.

But I have a feeling that your 5S's camera works just fine and your expectations of it don't match reality. Camera phones (really any fixed lens camera without an optical zoom) are not meant to take low-light pictures that are also zoomed in and have subjects in motion with horrendous backlighting while at a concert. That would actually be a tough shot even for a consumer-grade DSLR.
    agarwal.apar likes this.
    08-02-2014 12:23 PM
    [WARN]P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person youre talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if youre posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    Be a pro. Dont get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. In a nutshell, think before you post.
    Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members problem.[/WARN]
    agarwal.apar and Lisa Bradley like this.
    08-02-2014 12:37 PM
    They have EVERY right to delete a thread and NO you don't have true freedom of speech anywhere!

I'm trying to keep the peace and get you to move on from something that can cause an uproar. I, on the other hand, could've told you several things about yourself, but I realized that I don't have that freedom here.

Every response you received was based on something YOU said. YOU wouldn't except them. What help do you want from the iMore Forums?

Don't answer that. I'm not commenting on this thread anymore, but just in case you decide to reply to me, there is a way you can quote the post. That'll cause less confusion.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    08-02-2014 12:44 PM
    And that's why I love iMore! Ambassadors are so kind and humble even if you blabber all rubbish on the forum!

Keep up the great work folks! Peace out!!!!

08-02-2014 01:23 PM
    Last time I checked, we have freedom of speech and just because someone doesn't like what I post, it doesn't give them the right to delete it.
    Since this is someone's private property (iMore and Mobile Nations), you do not have "freedom of speech" in this forum. And because its someone else's private property, you may post what you want, but the owners have every right to delete anything that they choose to delete. #justsaying
    08-02-2014 01:39 PM
    You have taken it upon yourself to join a community that has many folks, myself included, who have spent an awful lot of their precious time trying to assist others with their devices and dilemmas. With that in mind, there are rules, regulations, and persons of authority in place to try and make this an excellent community where members can correspond in a civilized manner. For whatever reason, in your short time here you have accused members of being Apple employees, accused those trying to help you as being "full of it", not helpful, etc. You have displayed attitude on multiple occasions and now are flying off the handle at fellow members, ambassadors, and moderators! I certainly hope that if you plan to stay a part of this community, that you take a step back and see the type of impression you are leaving on others. It certainly is not the start I would have wanted to make when I first joined.
    Last edited by finn5975; 08-02-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    pr1nce, mikeo007, zerog46 and 2 others like this.
    08-02-2014 02:21 PM
    Mzengr: I stated my pictures were already edited; To the best of my knowledge I posted I phone 4 pics to be compared to 5S pics and someone tried to accuse me of posting something different. The only one who is trying to cause trouble is the one who posted that my pictures were not what they said they were. And based on his accusations, they deleted my posts. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? And how do you know I have not been "listening to suggestions"? FYI, I already did the backup in I tunes that was recommended and made an appointment with the Genius Bar for Tues. So why do you act like you know what I did? And just so you know, my posts was reinstated because they found there was nothing wrong with it. My suggestion is to leave me alone and move on to the next person you want to bully.
    08-02-2014 07:13 PM
    You do not have freedom of expression on a forum controlled by a corporation or individual. You have freedom of expression from the government. This forum can do whatever they want to your post and you can do nothing about it. Had this been a government owned forum, then you do have a case of freedom of expression violation.
    08-02-2014 07:33 PM
    Finn5975: You refuse to do the comparison of the pictures I submitted with the 4 and 5S. And you just keep trying to tear me apart as a person. The whole point of my posts was to show the difference in quality between the 2 phones and to point out why the 5S has disappointed me. For some reason people are convinced that I have not taken the suggestions given to me. And not like I owe any explanation, but, FYI I have backed up my files through I Tunes as suggested and I have an appt with the Genius Bar on Tues. I don't know who had spread the rumor about me posting inaccurate pictures or that I have refused to take anyone's advise, but, what happened to innocent until proven guilty? I have put a large part of my life on hold while trying to figure out what I am going to do about this phone. I tried to go back through all my old pictures and pick out my favorite ones so you could see what it is I am talking about, but, you clearly don't care. You have focused on trying to make me look bad from the minute you read my post and now you are trying to act like you are here to try and help. I asked people what it meant to have Moderator or Ambassador after their name as I had never been to this forum in the past. It was only after my posts were deleted without getting the full story or my side of it, that I questioned the affiliation. And what is so bad about being a Apple employee?? It's not like I am accusing them of committing a crime. I just want to know who it is I am talking to? I know that people in this community are not affiliated with Apple. You have been everything but helpful. You think you can insult people and get away with it. There are awesome people who are members of this forum, but, you are not one of them. Please just leave me alone and find someone else to insult.
    08-02-2014 07:48 PM
    *sigh*
    It's times like this where I really miss Sean lol...

reeneebob and agarwal.apar like this.
    08-02-2014 07:49 PM
    *sigh*
    It's times like this where I really miss Sean lol...

What happened to him? I really like him!
    08-02-2014 07:53 PM
    Mzengr: I stated my pictures were already edited; To the best of my knowledge I posted I phone 4 pics to be compared to 5S pics and someone tried to accuse me of posting something different. The only one who is trying to cause trouble is the one who posted that my pictures were not what they said they were. And based on his accusations, they deleted my posts. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? And how do you know I have not been "listening to suggestions"? FYI, I already did the backup in I tunes that was recommended and made an appointment with the Genius Bar for Tues. So why do you act like you know what I did? And just so you know, my posts was reinstated because they found there was nothing wrong with it. My suggestion is to leave me alone and move on to the next person you want to bully.
    It may have an been an innocent mistake but you definitely posted photos that you said were from a 5S that were from an iPhone 4. And posted some that you said were from a 4 that were from a Canon SX50. Most of the photos you posted were from the camera you said they were from, but not all. I checked the exif info myself.
    08-02-2014 07:54 PM
    mzengr: You are going to tell me several things about myself? Trust me, you don't know anything about me. And the only one's creating an uproar are you and Finn. I am totally chilled. Peace out.
    08-02-2014 07:56 PM
    Karen: Thank you. I have an appt with the Apple on Tuesday.
    08-02-2014 07:59 PM
    I think we don't even need this thread now! What a waste of weekend :P

08-02-2014 10:00 PM
    [warn]DO NOT make the debate personal. Discuss the topic, NOT the other members posting in the thread[/warn]

To clarify what happened to the other thread... allegations were made about the accuracy of some of the claims made, and discussion was becoming heated and personal. The thread was pulled out into the moderators' private area to "freeze" it for review, and after consideration it was returned to public forums.

Now... <taking off my moderator's hat for a few moments>
    You do not have freedom of expression on a forum controlled by a corporation or individual. You have freedom of expression from the government. This forum can do whatever they want to your post and you can do nothing about it. Had this been a government owned forum, then you do have a case of freedom of expression violation.
    I believe the bolded parts quoted are rather less than accurate, at least as it refers to the rights of US citizens and publishers. If you refer to the US Constitution (and amendments) I think you will find it constrains the Government from influencing material published by others. It does not give citizens a right of publication on either third party or Government platforms, and it does not require non-government entities (whether private or commercial) to publish (or not) any material authored by a third party. There are of course various laws subsequent to the basic constitutional rights which effectively over-ride these rights and prohibit publication of certain types of content, but we are not talking about national defense secrets or obscenity here and they still do not provide a "right to be published". The bottom line used to be... If you want freedom of expression then print your own newspaper. The modern version is "setup your own website".

<mod hat back on>
    taz323, Highrisedrifter and pr1nce like this.
    08-03-2014 09:02 AM
    I am actually the moderator who went ahead and hid the thread. I didn't infringe on anything. I simply hid it where it couldn't be found and planned on bringing it back to the 5S sub-forum so it would be hidden deep at around page 3 or so because in my personal opinion, I didn't like the direction the thread was going and I agree with Karen absolutely 100% regarding the content you posted claiming were pictures taken with a 4S. Members answered your questions as much as they could and we gave you what your options were regarding restoring your phone and actually calling up Apple for a replacement. You kept on, and, in my opinion (make sure that is clear), it became a troll bait thread and I did my job as a moderator to control the troll-bait since the Editor-in-chief at this site frowns upon us actually locking threads. My intent was to let it be hidden for a couple of days as sort of a "cool down" period. I'm not going to apologize for that because I believe what I did was right.

The bottom line: If your 5S is really taking sub-standard pictures like that then I don't believe at all that Apple wouldn't give you a replacement if you took pictures like that right in front of an employee at an Apple Store. I've taken a phone there claiming that my battery was dying out too quick and it took the guy at the Genius Bar all of 4 seconds to say he was bringing me a replacement.
    pr1nce likes this.
    08-03-2014 01:15 PM
    [warn]DO NOT make the debate personal. Discuss the topic, NOT the other members posting in the thread[/warn]

To clarify what happened to the other thread... allegations were made about the accuracy of some of the claims made, and discussion was becoming heated and personal. The thread was pulled out into the moderators' private area to "freeze" it for review, and after consideration it was returned to public forums.

Now... <taking off my moderator's hat for a few moments>

I believe the bolded parts quoted are rather less than accurate, at least as it refers to the rights of US citizens and publishers. If you refer to the US Constitution (and amendments) I think you will find it constrains the Government from influencing material published by others. It does not give citizens a right of publication on either third party or Government platforms, and it does not require non-government entities (whether private or commercial) to publish (or not) any material authored by a third party. There are of course various laws subsequent to the basic constitutional rights which effectively over-ride these rights and prohibit publication of certain types of content, but we are not talking about national defense secrets or obscenity here and they still do not provide a "right to be published". The bottom line used to be... If you want freedom of expression then print your own newspaper. The modern version is "setup your own website".

<mod hat back on>
    You aren't a mod here, are you? At least you don't have a bio, and I've never seen you before.
    08-03-2014 02:03 PM
46 12