iMore Forum Deleted negative Threads about the Apple 5S

Lisa Bradley

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been having a conversation with a number of people over the past several days and I logged today only to find a message that said my thread is no longer available? All of the posts, responses and pictures are all gone?? When I went to log in it said that I was no longer welcome to access it because I tried to change somebody else's posts?? I did not try and change anybody's posts. I had a hard enough time keeping up with my own. I contacted someone via email from the support team of this forum, but, he cannot find any restrictions or problems related to my account. I was the one was writing about my opinion of the 5S taking terrible pictures and the Apple Reps who keep saying its normal. At 2 am yesterday, I went in and posted beautiful I phone 4 pictures so you'll could see why I expected more out of the 5S. I have never posted anything on any type of forum in the past. Everyone says they are not affiliated with Apple, but, yet I write something negative about my 5s and the customer service I have received from Apple and poof someone deletes 3 days worth of pictures and threads.?? I am not sure what to think, but, I am very disappointed. I invested alot of time into this forum.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey Lisa,

I remember your thread and all the replies on that thread. Lot of concert pics were uploaded too. I really did not see any problem as you were just expressing your opinion on the camera lens on 5s which you have.

Quite strange that has been deleted. It would be worth checking with Ambassadors of iMore. They are very kind and helpful!

Good luck.

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
While it does suck to have all work stuff deleted, it was determined that you in fact had not taken those pics with the 5s but the the 4 (you called it 4g, 4s, and then 4) that you wanted people to believe had a better camera. Several pics from the 4 even had dates on them. I didn't know any of the iPhones added dates and times to their pics.

The moderators probably felt you were attempting to cause trouble since you weren't actually posting pics from the 5s and you wouldn't "listen" to suggestions.

My suggestion is to leave it alone and move on to the next subject.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Wait are we talking about a date and time stamped to the actual picture, or the date and time set into the properties of the pictures, because my iPhone always does a pretty good job of adding information into the picture properties, usually all the way down to the aperture of the picture taken. But I have never had a timestamp on my picture ;)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been having a conversation with a number of people over the past several days and I logged today only to find a message that said my thread is no longer available? All of the posts, responses and pictures are all gone?? When I went to log in it said that I was no longer welcome to access it because I tried to change somebody else's posts?? I did not try and change anybody's posts. I had a hard enough time keeping up with my own. I contacted someone via email from the support team of this forum, but, he cannot find any restrictions or problems related to my account. I was the one was writing about my opinion of the 5S taking terrible pictures and the Apple Reps who keep saying its normal. At 2 am yesterday, I went in and posted beautiful I phone 4 pictures so you'll could see why I expected more out of the 5S. I have never posted anything on any type of forum in the past. Everyone says they are not affiliated with Apple, but, yet I write something negative about my 5s and the customer service I have received from Apple and poof someone deletes 3 days worth of pictures and threads.?? I am not sure what to think, but, I am very disappointed. I invested alot of time into this forum.

Your original thread has been reviewed and restored. My apologies for any inconvenience.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5s/295128-terrible-pictures-taken-5s-3-apple-reps-say-its-normal.html

Lisa Bradley

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Excuse you. I said they were taken with my I Phone 4 and they were edited and cropped and stuff. They were there to compare with the 5S pictures. Last time I checked, we have freedom of speech and just because someone doesn't like what I post, it doesn't give them the right to delete it. And who are you to tell me to leave it alone and move on to the next subject. These were all pictures I took with my I phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[WARN]P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you?re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you?re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
Be a pro. Don?t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don?t have anything nice to say, don?t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ?think before you post?.
Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members? problem.[/WARN]

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Excuse you. I said they were taken with my I Phone 4 and they were edited and cropped and stuff. They were there to compare with the 5S pictures. Last time I checked, we have freedom of speech and just because someone doesn't like what I post, it doesn't give them the right to delete it. And who are you to tell me to leave it alone and move on to the next subject. These were all pictures I took with my I phone.

They have EVERY right to delete a thread and NO you don't have true freedom of speech anywhere!

I'm trying to keep the peace and get you to move on from something that can cause an uproar. I, on the other hand, could've told you several things about yourself, but I realized that I don't have that freedom here.

Every response you received was based on something YOU said. YOU wouldn't except them. What help do you want from the iMore Forums?

Don't answer that. I'm not commenting on this thread anymore, but just in case you decide to reply to me, there is a way you can quote the post. That'll cause less confusion.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
And that's why I love iMore! Ambassadors are so kind and humble even if you blabber all rubbish on the forum!

Keep up the great work folks! Peace out!!!!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Last time I checked, we have freedom of speech and just because someone doesn't like what I post, it doesn't give them the right to delete it.

Since this is someone's private property (iMore and Mobile Nations), you do not have "freedom of speech" in this forum. And because it?s someone else's private property, you may post what you want, but the owners have every right to delete anything that they choose to delete. #justsaying

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

You have taken it upon yourself to join a community that has many folks, myself included, who have spent an awful lot of their precious time trying to assist others with their devices and dilemmas. With that in mind, there are rules, regulations, and persons of authority in place to try and make this an excellent community where members can correspond in a civilized manner. For whatever reason, in your short time here you have accused members of being Apple employees, accused those trying to help you as being "full of it", not helpful, etc. You have displayed attitude on multiple occasions and now are flying off the handle at fellow members, ambassadors, and moderators! I certainly hope that if you plan to stay a part of this community, that you take a step back and see the type of impression you are leaving on others. It certainly is not the start I would have wanted to make when I first joined.

Last edited:

Lisa Bradley

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Mzengr: I stated my pictures were already edited; To the best of my knowledge I posted I phone 4 pics to be compared to 5S pics and someone tried to accuse me of posting something different. The only one who is trying to cause trouble is the one who posted that my pictures were not what they said they were. And based on his accusations, they deleted my posts. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? And how do you know I have not been "listening to suggestions"? FYI, I already did the backup in I tunes that was recommended and made an appointment with the Genius Bar for Tues. So why do you act like you know what I did? And just so you know, my posts was reinstated because they found there was nothing wrong with it. My suggestion is to leave me alone and move on to the next person you want to bully.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You do not have freedom of expression on a forum controlled by a corporation or individual. You have freedom of expression from the government. This forum can do whatever they want to your post and you can do nothing about it. Had this been a government owned forum, then you do have a case of freedom of expression violation.

Lisa Bradley

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Finn5975: You refuse to do the comparison of the pictures I submitted with the 4 and 5S. And you just keep trying to tear me apart as a person. The whole point of my posts was to show the difference in quality between the 2 phones and to point out why the 5S has disappointed me. For some reason people are convinced that I have not taken the suggestions given to me. And not like I owe any explanation, but, FYI I have backed up my files through I Tunes as suggested and I have an appt with the Genius Bar on Tues. I don't know who had spread the rumor about me posting inaccurate pictures or that I have refused to take anyone's advise, but, what happened to innocent until proven guilty? I have put a large part of my life on hold while trying to figure out what I am going to do about this phone. I tried to go back through all my old pictures and pick out my favorite ones so you could see what it is I am talking about, but, you clearly don't care. You have focused on trying to make me look bad from the minute you read my post and now you are trying to act like you are here to try and help. I asked people what it meant to have Moderator or Ambassador after their name as I had never been to this forum in the past. It was only after my posts were deleted without getting the full story or my side of it, that I questioned the affiliation. And what is so bad about being a Apple employee?? It's not like I am accusing them of committing a crime. I just want to know who it is I am talking to? I know that people in this community are not affiliated with Apple. You have been everything but helpful. You think you can insult people and get away with it. There are awesome people who are members of this forum, but, you are not one of them. Please just leave me alone and find someone else to insult.

Lisa Bradley

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
mzengr: You are going to tell me several things about myself? Trust me, you don't know anything about me. And the only one's creating an uproar are you and Finn. I am totally chilled. Peace out.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I think we don't even need this thread now! What a waste of weekend :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods