I vastly prefer using the web site rather than the app to access iMore Forums. The web site has better navigation, etc.

However, most of the time when I try to write a post, the keyboard will go away after every. single. letter. I. type. This only happens when using my iPhone or iPad, does not matter if I use Safari or Mercury browsers, and only on iMore, it does not happen on any of the other Mobile Nations sites I've used (Connectedly, AndroidCentral). And it does not happen from any desktop browser I've used on my Windows PC.

Double ROT13 encrypted for your protection
    05-22-2014 01:41 PM
    Gordon,
    I don't have this issue posting with my iPad2 accessing the site. My keyboard is still staying up as I type this.
    I too prefer the site vs the app.

My only issue is that default font is too small when typing.
    I know I can choose larger font each time I post but wish I could choose a larger font as a default.
    Good Luck
    05-22-2014 09:06 PM
    I'm on the web site about 80% of the time with my iPad 4, and haven't seen anything like that with the key board. It's weirded that's happening with your iPhone also. Can I ask what version are you running.
    05-22-2014 09:20 PM
    I'm on the web site about 80% of the time with my iPad 4, and haven't seen anything like that with the key board. It's weirded that's happening with your iPhone also. Can I ask what version are you running.
    Exactly what I was going to ask... the more details you can provide, the better. Perhaps there's a gremlin in here we can fix
    05-26-2014 09:18 AM
    Just got a notification of this message today, while at work, and I had to wait until I got home to reply via Firefox because I was completely unable to type into this edit box on my iPad (and the iMore site is blocked on the wired LAN the workstation is on).

iPhone 5, iPad 2, both running the current version of iOS. And before someone tells me to do a wipe/restore as new, that was done by Apple as part of their testing for the power button issue on my iPhone.
    05-26-2014 05:49 PM
    Is it possible that the issue may of occurred during the restore. Was the issue there before they did the restore.
    It must be frustrating it would drive me nuts. I might try another restore just to rule it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-26-2014 06:06 PM
    Is it possible that the issue may of occurred during the restore. Was the issue there before they did the restore.
    It must be frustrating it would drive me nuts. I might try another restore just to rule it out.
    It was there before the restore.

The problem does not exist on other web sites. Other MobileNation sites, as I've already mentioned. Also does not happen on Facebook.com (the FB app sucks, I only keep it installed so I can use the "send to" feature).

Before I even consider another restore, I want to know what could possibly be causing this? A restore won't do any good if I only wind up reinstalling whatever is causing the issue.
    05-26-2014 09:10 PM
    It was there before the restore.

The problem does not exist on other web sites. Other MobileNation sites, as I've already mentioned. Also does not happen on Facebook.com (the FB app sucks, I only keep it installed so I can use the "send to" feature).

Before I even consider another restore, I want to know what could possibly be causing this? A restore won't do any good if I only wind up reinstalling whatever is causing the issue.
    I understand what your saying, but I haven't seen or even heard of this issue. Maybe someone else that has will pop in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-26-2014 10:04 PM
    Test post from iPad Air

Seems to be working ok for me from Safari on my Air.
    05-26-2014 11:12 PM
    Test post from Chrome on iPad Air.
    05-26-2014 11:14 PM
    I just cleared the cookies, data and history from Safari, no change.
    (Sent via the iMore forums app)

05-27-2014 10:52 AM
    I just cleared the cookies, data and history from Safari, no change.
    (Sent via the iMore forums app)

I would restore your device because as everyone indicated it has not happened to them nor me on my mini retina ever. You might just need a clean up on your device. I can't hurt and then after a clean restore decide to set up as new or backup. Maybe new?
    05-27-2014 12:16 PM
    No worries I see the same thing as well. It has been reported to Dev team multiple times, but for some reason they can not replicate.

I vastly prefer using the web site rather than the app to access iMore Forums. The web site has better navigation, etc.

However, most of the time when I try to write a post, the keyboard will go away after every. single. letter. I. type. This only happens when using my iPhone or iPad, does not matter if I use Safari or Mercury browsers, and only on iMore, it does not happen on any of the other Mobile Nations sites I've used (Connectedly, AndroidCentral). And it does not happen from any desktop browser I've used on my Windows PC.

05-27-2014 12:22 PM
    No worries I see the same thing as well. It has been reported to Dev team multiple times, but for some reason they can not replicate.
    Yep, and that is why I prefer to not use the mobile web interface to access the forums.
    05-27-2014 01:02 PM
    To add a bit does anyone else have any issues with iMore loading on a Mac with Safari. It seems to always load very slow for me.
    05-27-2014 08:39 PM
    To add a bit does anyone else have any issues with iMore loading on a Mac with Safari. It seems to always load very slow for me.
    On occasion, but for the most part, it works well via the Safari browser on my MacBook.
    05-27-2014 08:52 PM
    So I'm not the only one seeing this problem with the iMore site on iOS.
    05-27-2014 09:16 PM
    Yep, and that is why I prefer to not use the mobile web interface to access the forums.
    To the best of my knowledge, I am seeing the full desktop site on the iPad, not the mobile site.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    05-27-2014 09:17 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, I am seeing the full desktop site on the iPad, not the mobile site.
    I also access the full web site on my iPad & that's what I want.
    Good Luck
    05-28-2014 07:28 PM