Emergency Contact on Your iPhone - What Do You Have Setup?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any kind of personal emergency contact setup on your iPhone in case you get in an accident or something happens where you would be unable to communicate? Is it a contact or an app? I have both. I have a designated contact labeled - I.C.E. for In Case Of Emergency and a free app from the app store called iTriage. Again how about you?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have ICE setup.. Also the contact ICE is in my favorites.

But with pass code and touch ID, emergency personnel can't access the device.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have ICE setup.. Also the contact ICE is in my favorites.

But with pass code and touch ID, emergency personnel can't access the device.
That is the bad part about it and when I was writing this post I thought especially in your business....When Paramedics or EMTs show up how do they get it unless you are coherent and can unlock the phone for them.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
In reality, ICE is not something that personnel rush to look for the instant they arrive at an emergency.....

Many wireless devices are also found to be locked which is common these days, or damaged and have discharged batteries following an incident, rendering ICE unusable.

Last edited:

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I change my lock screen photo I always put it in a image editor, or even one of the Meme generators will work, to place return/ reward info on the picture.

I put pertinent return info ( cell and office phone with email ) on the lock screen picture.

On my BlackBerry I can easily create a message that shows on the lock screen.
Also inside my iPhone case I placed a simple business card and 3m sticky note pad to the back of the phone.

On my other phone since I carry it in a holster I place that sticky inside the battery cover.

You wouldn't believe the phones I come across without any means to locate the owner, most of them locked mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have ICE, but pretty much useless, phone is password protected.

I wouldn't deem it useless. Pretty much everyone has a mobile phone so all that is needed from yours is the ICE info. Whoever is trying to help you can use his or her phone to call the emergency contact number on your lock screen. They don't need anything beyond that.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't deem it useless. Pretty much everyone has a mobile phone so all that is needed from yours is the ICE info. Whoever is trying to help you can use his or her phone to call the emergency contact number on your lock screen. They don't need anything beyond that.

This is true, wasn't thinking of it that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk