Is this SPAM from iMore?!

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Not sure where to ask this, so sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I received an email from "no-reply@imore.com" regarding a news post by Rene because I had subscribed to it. However, it's from 3/1 and pretty much dead. The content of the poster looked like spam. I was curious about the news item, anyway, because I didn't remember it, so I clicked the link to the news item (not the link in the person's comment) and iMore indicated it did not exist.

I then copied and pasted the title of the new item, "Find my Mac passcode lock brute-force attack: What you need to know!" into iMore's search engine and found it. What concerns me is that the post I was notified about was not in the comment section. This is the post:

Shohel Hossain has commented on: "Find my Mac passcode lock brute-force attack: What you need to know!"

----
Thanks for sharing here. I am a animation film maker. Generally I like to make 2d/3d short animation movie of 60 seconds. If you have time then you can get touch with me & make your time animated.
We animate ideas for products and services to deliver an EASY message in a clear way that keeps high the attention of the audience and changes the minds of people
short animated video
----

(The "short animated video" was a hyperlink, but I didn't try it.)

So, either iMore already deleted the spam post or something weird is going on because the email sure looks legit.

Can we trust all these iMore email alerts to items to which we've subscribed? Or am I overreacting etc.?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There were system wide issues for a day or two, and it could have been something that slipped through during that time period. If it happens again, please let us know ASAP.. Thanks....:)

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@emjayess,

Thanks for alerting us to this. I can tell you it certainly was NOT us (we hate spam as much as you, and fight it every day!). We will take a look. In the meantime if you ever run into a similar situation, please let us know. Thanks!