iMore Forums ios 7 update

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I gotta admit i been waiting for this update for a while and I love it! Just needs a new app icon :p amazing job though :D

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ooh, this is nice. I'm liking the newest update.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some things I've noticed:

1. There is no way to edit/re-arrange the list in the order I prefer. For example, the default listing is:
Notifications
Subscribed
Participated
Unread, etcetera.
I'd like to be able to arrange the list in the order of my choosing.

2. When you completely exit the app (removed from the list of recently used apps), the app opens to the "Browse" section instead of the last opened tab, and I don't see a setting that will allow me to change it. I prefer to go directly to the "unanswered" threads.

UPDATE: The "People" section should be renamed "User Profile" or something to that effect.

The "Logout" feature should not be hidden

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I do agree with D I would like a choose like opening to unread. But it's only a menu slide away so I can cope with it

I really like the fact you can quickly see who likes your posting instead of just a number 👍

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It's great and looks awesome. I use the iMore forums app almost 100% of the time. One thing I've noticed is there's no way to log off. Has anybody figured that out?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have no complaints! I love the way you can double tap a post and it turns it into reader with big letters!

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks great, just switched back from tapatalk, just wish there was a way to set the opening screen to participated or unread though

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no complaints! I love the way you can double tap a post and it turns it into reader with big letters!

You don't have to "double tap". You can simply tap and hold and get the same effect. :)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does the update add in the moderator functions that aren't in the Tapatalk app?

No. The mod functions are identical in both apps. I use the Tapatalk app a majority of the time, and likewise, a majority of my modding is done with it. There still appears to be a bug in regard to re-titling threads with BOTH apps. Sometimes the re-titling will take, but most of the times it won't. It'll initially show the re-titled thread, but as soon as you do a refresh, the original title re-appears.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hopefully downloaded the imore forum app to find the mod functions I wanted not there. I'd like to be able to give infractions and passport band.
Oh, I see. The same Mod tools that were there in previous version are still there. No infracting or PP ban tools are available in either app. Sorry.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Not to complain but this Default subscribe page issue is wearing thin hopefully someone forwards this to the iMore Forum developers the rest of the app update is great

I will give my review of the app in the morning if that's not to early

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Not to complain but this Default subscribe page issue is wearing thin hopefully someone forwards this to the iMore Forum developers the rest of the app update is great

I will give my review of the app in the morning if that's not to early

What's the default subscribe page issue?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR