That sub-forum is atrocious when it comes to some of the questions posed...so many of the questions that are posed are half thought out and simply unreadable because the person will say "My iPhone is on...what can be the problem?"

Now I understand that many of the issues may be language barrier issues, and that is understandable...If I was trying to communicate an issue in French and I only spoke a few words of it, my posts would look like non-sense as well.

Here's an idea...can the "Ask a Question" sub-forum thread submission be some kind of "fill in the blank" form of some sort (requiring all fields to be completed before submission)? For example...

Title/Question:

Specific Problem:

Steps taken already to try and fix problem:

Specific Details about problem:

Person's Location:

...having these fields would definitely help with legitimizing more of the questions that come in, and would prevent many of these posts that literally make zero sense at all and cannot be answered. The location field would probably help as well, as a person who lists it might find another person who speaks their fluent language and could help them further.

Just a thought.
    Just_Me_D, taz323, zerog46 and 3 others like this.
    12-12-2013 08:43 AM
    My God, YES. As it stands I now simply ignore any posts in that forum, which is too bad.
    12-13-2013 07:46 AM
    ...and that's not a bad thought at all.

Let's hash this out in more detail. SeanHRCC, drop me an email and we can discuss. I'll take whatever we come up with and present to tech to see if it's doable. I know we're still in the process of working on the 'ask' system, so something like this might have to come in the next version if we are able to implement.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-13-2013 09:01 AM
    This is a very good idea.
    12-23-2013 11:20 AM
    ...and that's not a bad thought at all.

Let's hash this out in more detail. SeanHRCC, drop me an email and we can discuss. I'll take whatever we come up with and present to tech to see if it's doable. I know we're still in the process of working on the 'ask' system, so something like this might have to come in the next version if we are able to implement.
    I would like to think that if 'Ask A Question' was implemented a few tweaks here and there as Sean proposed is doable with the team of techs we have here. He is right Sean that is and this is a very good idea.
    taz323 and iOS Gravity like this.
    12-27-2013 08:08 PM
    Is this idea going to become a reality anytime soon? I think we really need this.
    02-17-2014 06:45 PM
    I've got this on the master list of items to look at w tech. Haven't forgotten
    iOS Gravity and Just_Me_D like this.
    02-18-2014 09:05 AM