iMore Forums App crashing....

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Already mentioned but I have also installed the update, did not help me either.
App works great as long as I am on wifi, once back on cell service I crash with seconds.
Also the same results using my iPad

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am using the iMore Forums App version 2.2.12 on my iPad Mini and I am not having any trouble with it whatsoever. It has yet to crash or work improperly, and I'm running iOS 7.0.2.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am using the iMore Forums App version 2.2.12 on my iPad Mini and I am not having any trouble with it whatsoever. It has yet to crash or work improperly, and I'm running iOS 7.0.2.

I wasn't having a problem with it on my iPad either. The crashing was happening with my iPhone 5 and new 5S.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, using 2.2.12 with iOS 7.0.2 also.
Both was set up as new device, not from backup.
Just not luck on cell service side. I might add that's 4G

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't having a problem with it on my iPad either. The crashing was happening with my iPhone 5 and new 5S.

​I will install it on my iPhone 5 (iOS 7.0.2) and see how it performs.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, using 2.2.12 with iOS 7.0.2 also.
Both was set up as new device, not from backup.
Just not luck on cell service side. I might add that's 4G

My iPad Mini was also set up as new. As a matter of fact, I restore it as new yesterday after deleting a bunch of ad-filled games that my youngest son wanted to play.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm currently using the iMore Forums app on my iPhone, and I've replied to numerous posts and threads as well as delete some SPAM and it has yet to crash on me or fail to work properly.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using the iMore Forums app on my iPhone, and I've replied to numerous posts and threads as well as delete some SPAM and it has yet to crash on me or fail to work properly.

I'm happy that is works for you. For me it didn't therefore I will stick to using Tapatalk Pro.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

That's great to hear. Puzzled why others may still have crashing issues. We have updated the app twice with performance and stability enhancements since the iOS 7 release. Should be stable now, but perhaps there are other factors at play here.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
James-- yes I've installed the latest imore forums update. Unusable on cellular due to repeated crashes. I'm on ios 7.0.2 iPhone 4S.

Allan, are you talking about the iMore App, or the iMore Forums App? Just want to be sure... :)

I know crashing on data connection was a fix that was resolved in the last build... perhaps there are some other bugs that need to be worked out by our friends at TT yet!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I can concur that the iMore Forums app crashes after opening. It will remain open for about 10-20 seconds, then closes abruptly.

- iPhone 5c (white)
- AT&T (not currently on WIFI), over LTE
- Atlanta, GA
- iOS 7.0.2 (11A501)

Last night it worked fine from my iPad Mini over WIFI. I was trying to post to the "Show us your iPhone 5c LOCK Screen" thread when it closed.
As another test, I also simply opened the app and left it on the 'Latest' tab screen, same issue, it closes after about 10-20 seconds.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just talked with our friends at Tapatalk... they were hoping a few of you (2 or 3 would be great) could delete the app and reinstall... should help them narrow down any issues!

We'll get to the bottom of this yet!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy that is works for you. For me it didn't therefore I will stick to using Tapatalk Pro.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.
Thank you. I'm just trying my best to understand what could be causing others to have problems with it, and I haven't been able to replicate the problem.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just talked with our friends at Tapatalk... they were hoping a few of you (2 or 3 would be great) could delete the app and reinstall... should help them narrow down any issues!

We'll get to the bottom of this yet!

Since I already deleted the app, I downloaded it again and will test it one more time. I'm posting this on cellular, but will also do a few WiFi posts as well. I'll report back once I've spent enough time with it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Deleted the app, reinstalled app.
Turned off wifi, app crashed within 30 seconds many times (4G that is, no LTE in my area)
Turned wifi back on, posting this now & has not crashed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox