What's the policy on spam posts here?

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Anything valid to show that it is spam or linked to spam?

Multiple brand new users (I suspect the same person with multiple accounts, can you do an IP check?) with the same broken English talking about problems that don't actually exist, and the solution for their problem is to use their data recovery software (linked in the youtube video from the third new poster).

Not outright spam, but pretty dang obvious for anyone that's been on the Internet for a while.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Without giving away the store on what we can/can't do... your suspicions are the same ones I have at times... in this particular instance - those suspicions don't pan out. And in this particular instance, there is no link to something that we can act on as being something that is not in keeping with the forum policies.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Without giving away the store on what we can/can't do... your suspicions are the same ones I have at times... in this particular instance - those suspicions don't pan out. And in this particular instance, there is no link to something that we can act on as being something that is not in keeping with the forum policies.

Fair enough.

The third new poster links to a youtube vid, which links to a windowspasswordrecovery.com site, which is what the linked vid is promoting. Funny how the third new poster linked to a 'solution' that the OP brought up like they were thinking the same thing.

I disagree about nothing being linked (it's a link within another link) but I do understand the steps you have to take to verify that it's spam.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 Network Mods on the case and they will be looking into it.

They have some magical ways on finding things.. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Fair enough.

The third new poster links to a youtube vid, which links to a windowspasswordrecovery.com site, which is what the linked vid is promoting. Funny how the third new poster linked to a 'solution' that the OP brought up like they were thinking the same thing.

I disagree about nothing being linked (it's a link within another link) but I do understand the steps you have to take to verify that it's spam.

Did this guy pee in your cheerios? You seem to be after him with a vengeance... just wondering why...

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Did this guy pee in your cheerios? You seem to be after him with a vengeance... just wondering why...

No pee in my cheerios, just don't like people trying to trick people into a junk product disguised as a legitimate post. If you have to be that shady in advertising your product, then it's probably junkware to begin with. Calling out crap so others don't get tricked.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
To chime in quickly here... we ALWAYS endeavour to ensure spam is absolutely obliterated. We want the iMore forums to be a friendly, spam-free zone... and want it full of members with only the best of intentions (good conversation, providing help and insight for others, etc.). Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention, as John noted, our network mods and iMore mods will be all over this. Carry on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2