What's up with the site?

Jbene4

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
For the past couple of weeks or so the TiPb site hasn't been showing properly for me, no matter where I'm viewing it - from my laptop, or my mobile devices. When I load the home page, I get no content, only the ads. I may see part of the first headline, but not all of it, and when I click on that, only a comments box shows, not the article. I've tried clearing my cache and cookies, but no dice. Is this a problem for anyone else?

Thanks,

J.

Jbene4

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Everything but Safari!

Update - I just tried Chrome and Firefox, and the site is working on those. Hilarious that the only browser it doesn't work on is Safari!

It looks like I may be getting directed to the mobile site through Safari, even though I'm having the same experience on my laptop.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I always use Chrome or Firefox on my desktop with no problem on the site. All week I've been using Safari on my iPad - no problem. After reading your comments, I tried Safari on my desktop - no problem.

Maybe it's your Safari?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Safari 100% of the time...never have an issue. You may want to try a few things...

- Make sure your software is up to date.
- "Reset" Safari (EVERYTHING)...make sure you know your passwords, because it's going to sign you out of everything, lol.
- After doing this...shut down your computer and restart fresh.

...good luck with it, again, i use Safari all the time, and outside random site issues throughout the year, it runs perfectly 99.999999999999999999% of the time.

Jbene4

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

Thanks for your help! I hadn't seen your replies until now, but, meanwhile, the site started working for me again. I didn't change anything, but I'll try your suggestions if it happens again.

J.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i've got a few strange issues going here as well.

I'm not able to use the quick reply box, i have to actually click the "post reply" to post something. Also on my profile my - about me, statics, friends and contact info all come up blank to me, but everything else that surrounds it is there. :confused: any ideas?

it does this with my Win7 laptop and my iPad1. yes i did a restart for both, signed out of my tipb account and back in. no change.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just cleared all again and did a restart on my iPad, but the about me, statics, etc are still blank. I can use the the quick reply box to post from my iPad.

I'm just waiting for my laptop to come back up and check it. I'll post my update with it when it's back up.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, for my laptop, still the issue exsists and i cannot use the quick reply box.

i also just logged in from my iPhone and those fields in my profile are blank also - about me, statics, friends and contact info. I did not try using a quick reply from my iphone tho.

right now i'd have to guess its not on my end being all of my devices are showing the same issue. this started yesterday btw and i thought nothing of it but a glitch for the moment, but the issue still exsists today.

Maybe one of the mods can check my account?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, this is really driving me crazy. about me, statics, friends and contact info still will not show up but everything else around it will. i've cleared the history, cache and cookies on my laptop, ipad and iphone. restarted the ipad and laptop--no luck. I'm on google chrome right now from my laptop and they STILL arent showing up......:confused: does any one have ANY ideas??

EDIT: i also just tried firefox and no good.
earlier on my laptop i was on AOL.

Last edited:

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues with the comments section on contest posts, it's making me log into each contest entry post that I do, although I'm already logged into the forum website. It's been hppening the last two days, maybe a change to the site, but it started happening right after I logged into the site from my iPad through safari browsers.

I am running through firefox on my Mac and I'm not experiencing any issues with the post quick reply button

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues with the comments section on contest posts, it's making me log into each contest entry post that I do, although I'm already logged into the forum website. It's been hppening the last two days, maybe a change to the site, but it started happening right after I logged into the site from my iPad through safari browsers.

I am running through firefox on my Mac and I'm not experiencing any issues with the post quick reply button

this issue started for me yesterday(? or wednesday) all of a sudden. I can now use the quick reply to post, but in my profile those 4 other things, i cannot see - so if i wanted to make a change or view my likes or thank yous etc. i cant. its like a blank box in just that part of the page, everything else around it is there which is strange !!

I've always toggled between my ipad(safari) and my laptop(aol) without any issues till yesterday. On my laptop i've even tried my google chrome and firefox browsers. no luck.

Also, my iphone and ipad have the same exact behavior which leads me to believe its none of my devices at this point. So perhaps site maintenance or w/e is going on. I just hope it clears up SOON !!

EDIT: ok, now i just tried IE from my laptop and still no good !! GRRRRRR !!!

Last edited:

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
i also just logged in from my iPhone and those fields in my profile are blank also - about me, statics, friends and contact info. I did not try using a quick reply from my iphone tho.

right now i'd have to guess its not on my end being all of my devices are showing the same issue. this started yesterday btw and i thought nothing of it but a glitch for the moment, but the issue still exsists today.

Maybe one of the mods can check my account?

I'm having the same issues with my statistics, about me, and friends and contact info. No matter what device or browser I use I cannot see it anymore, the window loads however it's blank.

I figured it had something to do with the site upgrades they are doing. Hopefully it gets fixed soon :)

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with my statistics, about me, and friends and contact info. No matter what device or browser I use I cannot see it anymore, the window loads however it's blank.

I figured it had something to do with the site upgrades they are doing. Hopefully it gets fixed soon :)

Tyvm Kristy !! At first i was thinking it was me:p LOL, but then after a couple of days, with many different browsers i have installed on my laptop and they all did the same as well as my iPad AND iPhone, at that point i knew it wasnt me anymore:)

SOOO, with that being said, yes, i hope what ever TiPb is doing it gets fixed soon:)

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Tyvm Kristy !! At first i was thinking it was me:p LOL, but then after a couple of days, with many different browsers i have installed on my laptop and they all did the same as well as my iPad AND iPhone, at that point i knew it wasnt me anymore:)

SOOO, with that being said, yes, i hope what ever TiPb is doing it gets fixed soon:)

Oh hun you are welcome!! I knew something was up and was super pleased to realize it was on a wider scale than just myself. I like checking the post per day and such(big ststa junkie). I'm sure in another week everything will be back to normal.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh hun you are welcome!! I knew something was up and was super pleased to realize it was on a wider scale than just myself. I like checking the post per day and such(big ststa junkie). I'm sure in another week everything will be back to normal.

I dont check daily, but since this issue(s) have been going on, i have been checking to see if its corrected yet. Hopefully soon !! :)

Kristy_Lyn

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I dont check daily, but since this issue(s) have been going on, i have been checking to see if its corrected yet. Hopefully soon !! :)

Any change yet for you Pink??

I still have no information showing there. Also I just went and visited someone elses profile, and I couldn't see their "about me" section or "stats" or anything.

Just curious... :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Any change yet for you Pink??

I still have no information showing there. Also I just went and visited someone elses profile, and I couldn't see their "about me" section or "stats" or anything.

Just curious... :)

hey Kristy Lyn, no change for me either-I still have no info in my stats etc. as for creepin in on other peeps profiles I haven't checked that. When I get on my laptop again later il creep on you:p lol and post back with what I got out of it.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk