Unable to edit options in User CP

gvillager

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just as the title says, I'm unable to edit options in the user CP. I get the message quoted below.

gvillager, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is this page restricted for everyone?

Burly_Irishman

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
ok, this is number 5, i think thats really foolish, simply because nobody just comes here for a single visit and makes a profile for the fun of it. Forums are for people who are social, inquisitive and news hungry, dont you agree?

condor3

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have just joined these forums and was also surprised to find that I could not edit my own User CP. I think these are the first forums I have registered with that impose such a severe restriction on new members. I understand that spam is a problem but this does not exactly feel like a warm welcome to newcomers.

rogercruse#IM

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to update my user cp and discovered I was unable to until i'd posted ten times.

This is my 2nd post

And to create a few more posts before I can update my user cp

I've managed to create ten posts but still can't update my user cp... Maybe it also needs the passing of time to release?

Last edited by a moderator:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I think these are the first forums I have registered with that impose such a severe restriction on new members. I understand that spam is a problem but this does not exactly feel like a warm welcome to newcomers.

drama. queen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess you haven't noticed the amount of spam we get.

Trust me, it's very hard to miss it sometimes. Especially the threads where the spam posts out number the normal posts, lol. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Can you imagine 25 posts from some nimrod all saying "thanks for the info" and "great idea, I like it." Ugh.

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any issue in this restriction as i understand all people are not same many persons do spam also. And if someone is here for knowledge and sharing i dont think 10 post are so much for them.

atoms

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem and i think encouraging 10 posts is not a good solution.

It may be a sub-optimal solution, but I can see that otherwise people would just come here, post some spam about their shiny new whatever and never come back.

(uh, that was my plan)

Does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative?

Last edited:

wulftec0098

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
there are many forums that have restricted poster from posting links either through signature or through a direct links. They monitor strictly the users behavior and block spammers. Some even have 100+ posts restrictions to put a link as signature and some reputation power too. This is a good method to stop forum spammers

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR