Apple the Innovator and Rest Followers ?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nice article, but this I need to bring up:

The other day I read that Samsung sold 2 million units of one of their devices and was boasting about it. On the other hand, iPod which has sold more than 237 million units is still running

you are forgetting the iPod has been around since 2001 and actually started off with one 5Gb model. Samsung had beenn making phones for years, but just started on the smart phone and tablet side with in the last one-two years. Thats sort of an uneven comparison.

You are right about apple being the lead, but in the end the consumer wins. Most general consumers vote with what works best for them

invinciblervd

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Nice article, but this I need to bring up:

you are forgetting the iPod has been around since 2001 and actually started off with one 5Gb model. Samsung had beenn making phones for years, but just started on the smart phone and tablet side with in the last one-two years. Thats sort of an uneven comparison.

You are right about apple being the lead, but in the end the consumer wins. Most general consumers vote with what works best for them

Agreed, but I was just trying to give an example and nothing else and for that matter, if we compare all the android consumers with apple consumers using iPhone, it still stands out. Not that I want to compare but these things just pop into head when someone talks about numbers :)

monitoronly

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Apple innovates and creates consumer adopted products of the highest level. You might hate the marketing buzz, journalist hype and so on, but the ipod, iphone and ipad are the best in class. Even the old apple tv has been the best but not (yet) adopted by the market. Apple has changed the MP3, phone and tablet market for good.
Still hope other vendors will be able to do the same to keep competition alive. We ave seen enough examples of leaders falling asleep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2