Help us improve our forums

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The forums are great and a goto source for news and questions. The addition of iPad and iPhone live is great.

I like that you have a mobile version of the site and that you recently added Tapatalk support. I am a fan of using dedicated apps for forum viewing. I have mentioned this in the past and would recommend adding Forum Runner support as well. That way those of us that already use Forum Runner don't need to pay again for Tapatalk.

Other than that, keep up the great work. The site, the forums and the Moderating staff are great!

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The forums are great and a goto source for news and questions. The addition of iPad and iPhone live is great.

I like that you have a mobile version of the site and that you recently added Tapatalk support. I am a fan of using dedicated apps for forum viewing. I have mentioned this in the past and would recommend adding Forum Runner support as well. That way those of us that already use Forum Runner don't need to pay again for Tapatalk.

Other than that, keep up the great work. The site, the forums and the Moderating staff are great!

Will look into Forum Runner, thanks!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There seems to already be a mobile version. Its called iPhone Defined. Scroll down to the bottom left. Right bellow TIPB Default 9-2010.

I not too sure what could be added. Perhaps a rep system? Test it out, see how well it goes. I personally not a fan of Vbulitan but thats just me. What about a darker skin choice?

One thing you could do is add a separate "iPod Touch" section. Right now you have it under iPhone, but unless you rename the iPhone section to "iPhone/iPod Touch, it kind of confuses people. Onhe thing you could do is break things down my category. Example:

iPhone:

iPhone discussion and Support
>>> iPhone customization
iPhone Apps and Games
iPhone Accessories
iPhone Carriers and plans

Thats about all I have. I may add more later if i think of anything else.

evanluthra

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
how about featured posts .
i mean posts which are good , but not good enough to go on the mainpage.
i have seen some really nice posts on the tipb forum , that everyone should read...
they should be made featured.

also how about a native iphone app for he forums and the website. ?
i could create one for tipb as a show of goodfaith .

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Couple more:

- A simple skin. When I look at the home page and its fixed width I see a lot of mess. Perhaps a skin that just has the information that matters?
- A easy way to tell the diference between the admins and regular members. if not a badge, then perhaps high light the admins titles/names in bold?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You don't think the title under the user name is clear enough? I never had a problem identifying someone officially with TiPb and anyone else.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You don't think the title under the user name is clear enough? I never had a problem identifying someone officially with TiPb and anyone else.

Well thats because you are a staff member. :p

Na Its alright I guess. I mean I guess once you stick around here for a while you'll eventually get to know whos staff and whos not

iLurk13

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
A forum jump would be great ! The older version of TiPB has this and it was very nice to able to jump to another category.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Ya know what I would like to see? I would like to see the forum not deciding all threads have been read if I walk away from the screen for 15 minutes, or if I reboot. Drives me nuts!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
But you know I'm a staff member cause it says so under my name. Right?

Yes. But my idea was mainly for knowing right away. Seeing "oh, Alli is a staff"

Ya know what I would like to see? I would like to see the forum not deciding all threads have been read if I walk away from the screen for 15 minutes, or if I reboot. Drives me nuts!

Agreed.

Also, when I make a post and go back to the new posts page instead of showing me the posts I have not seen, I see the posts I have responded to! I've been to other sites and its not done like this. (VBulitan too)

evanluthra

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
also how about a native iphone app for he forums and the website. ?
i could create one for tipb as a show of goodfaith .

i created a test app .
here are some screen shots check it out guys. view attachments.
if i get enough reviews and launch it , its gonna be free and without ad !:D

here is a brief overview

This is an app for http://tipb.com (The iphone / ipad / ipod blog) readers.

You will be able to read all (http://forum.tipb.com) forum posts right from within the app. Even comment on posts you like and also you can view the posts in safari.

It has icon view , tabbed view and list view to choose from.

All forum categories are inside the application.;)

You can share posts directly on twitter , facebook or even email !

All forum categories are available within the app.

App developed by Evan Luthra's Super Awesome Blog.
icon , screen ,header developed by awesome designer on hire.

Last edited:

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I dont think we really need an app. I see no real point. Yes the mobile site looks bad, but blame V bulitian for not being up to speed like IPB.

Also, is there a any rule of posting a topic or post and then creating a new topic with a link to that post? I've seen that happend a few times since joinng . I find that a bit annoying.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Because you can just access the site via the web broswer.

they should work on the mobile site. IPB has a really nice mobile skin, but VBulitan does not, though with a little coding I'm sure they can think of something.

evanluthra

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Because you can just access the site via the web broswer.

they should work on the mobile site. IPB has a really nice mobile skin, but VBulitan does not, though with a little coding I'm sure they can think of something.

Yeah but , u need Internet evrytime.
With the app , once you load the posts , you can browse old posts even when you are offline.
Quoting Jeremy sikora
not everyone is blessed with a highspeed connection everywhere

Still thanks .

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but , u need Internet evrytime.
With the app , once you load the posts , you can browse old posts even when you are offline.
Quoting Jeremy sikora

Still thanks .

Whats the point of "browsing old posts"? Some are not even reverent any more an if you want to respond you need internet access.

and trust me, if you can afford an iPhone, then you can afford high speed internet. I mean, what do you use on the computer? dial up? Then whats the point of having a wi-fi enabled device?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2