wanted: Mobile Forum Thoughts

Dieter Bohn

Editor Emeritus
Feb 1, 2001
www.backlon.com
The mobile version of the forum is up:

http://mobile.forum.phonedifferent.com

I have also been working on an iPhone-app-like version, but that's looking pretty tough for me right now so it's going to wait a bit.

In the meantime, I just used our standard mobile template but uppped the font size so that it would be more readable on the iPhone. The result is it look pretty crappy on PocketIE, but i guess that's ok. It also doesn't display much in landscape mode.

Anyhow, suggestions for tweaks and changes to the mobile forum to make is more iPhone friendly are welcome. On the list right now is increasing font size and image side for the header bits.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Is a mobile version even necessary for iPhone users? I would answer my own question, but I am currently without iPhone as I wait for the new one. I had to get the cash somehow, and I didn't want to miss a chance to make back most of my cost, lol. :D

Dieter Bohn

Editor Emeritus
Feb 1, 2001
www.backlon.com
Heh - the mobile version is nonexistant as of right now -- that was back on Phone different. I may try to find something that's slightly more iphone friendly... but it's not a priority because, as you say, these ain't too bad.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah. I have not tried using that template on the computer (only on the iPhone) to see if the error comes up or not. I'll give it a shot.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yeah does not work on the computer. You get a submission error.

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing or mismatched.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm just pinging the thread and requesting the spiffy iPhone-pretty version when you have a chance, Dieter. I know it's back-burnered for the moment. Thanks! :)

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
what exactly do you use for the iPhone skin? I know the background software is vbulletin? But who makes the iPhone skin?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner