Device List in Mobile Nations / iMore Profile - Updates?

gregory_opera

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
Any idea when somebody is finally to update the list of mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) in the "profile" section for the various Mobile Nations websites?

I understand that it would be unrealistic to expect every single mobile device in the world to be added to the list on a regular basis... But the models from "major" manufacturers like Apple and Samsung?

Come on now, it's not that hard, and I see no reason why the most recent Apple smartphone should be an "iPhone X".

Heck, give me access and I'll update the damn list myself... From memory, it's been out-of-date for several years now!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Any idea when somebody is finally to update the list of mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) in the "profile" section for the various Mobile Nations websites?

I understand that it would be unrealistic to expect every single mobile device in the world to be added to the list on a regular basis... But the models from "major" manufacturers like Apple and Samsung?

Come on now, it's not that hard, and I see no reason why the most recent Apple smartphone should be an "iPhone X".

Heck, give me access and I'll update the damn list myself... From memory, it's been out-of-date for several years now!

I had this same question a few months ago. When I asked about it, I was told to click on other, and then manually type in my device. This worked!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Are you doing this from the Mobile Nations Passport screen?

Here is a step by step detail of how I did it from my PC. From the main screen, you will see a "gear" icon. It's directly under Best VPN. Click on it, and select "edit profile".

You will then be taken to your Mobile Nations Passport screen that says "Manage Your Account".

Look for "Primary Phone" and click the down arrow and scroll all the way down to the very bottom of the list. You should see "other". Click on that and a window should open where you can type in what type of phone you have.

gregory_opera

Nov 1, 2018
Visit site
Are you doing this from the Mobile Nations Passport screen?

Yeah, I was, but it wasn't working... I got it to work though - I had to select an entry already in the list (e.g. "BlackBerry Bold 9000") and then select "Other"; when I did that, the text field appeared.

I've had my cell phone set to "Other" for several years now (at least three years), so presumably this text field has been added since and its issues appearing was some sort of unexpected bug... All fixed now though.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I was, but it wasn't working... I got it to work though - I had to select an entry already in the list (e.g. "BlackBerry Bold 9000") and then select "Other"; when I did that, the text field appeared.

I've had my cell phone set to "Other" for several years now (at least three years), so presumably this text field has been added since and its issues appearing was some sort of unexpected bug... All fixed now though.

I’m so glad you figured it out!