Your comment sections suck

jamesindevon

Jun 22, 2020
Visit site
Can I ask you to rethink your comment sections? The software is seriously insulting.

Firstly it asks you to comment. Then it complains there's a URL in the comment, even though there isn't. Then it makes you wait 120 seconds to see if you've managed to change whatever it thinks is a URL. (It could be a squiggle, or a non-ASCII character).

Finally it tells you it won't accept a comment on an "older" article (about six weeks old) unless you have enough reputation.

WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T IT TELL ME THAT INITIALLY?

Can you please do rate-limiting last, and permanent reasons why I can't comment first (ideally before I've typed a word)?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Can I ask you to rethink your comment sections? The software is seriously insulting.

Firstly it asks you to comment. Then it complains there's a URL in the comment, even though there isn't. Then it makes you wait 120 seconds to see if you've managed to change whatever it thinks is a URL. (It could be a squiggle, or a non-ASCII character).

Finally it tells you it won't accept a comment on an "older" article (about six weeks old) unless you have enough reputation.

WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T IT TELL ME THAT INITIALLY?

Can you please do rate-limiting last, and permanent reasons why I can't comment first (ideally before I've typed a word)?

What kind of URL were you trying to post?

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
[thread moved]

Sometimes there is a glitch where members see some sort of reference to a reputation level (which isn’t employed here) or some other strange error. I would suggest clearing cache and see if that fixes the error. We are actually in process of some big changes, but until those are released - apologies for any inconveniences you may have had when posting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2