Can I ask you to rethink your comment sections? The software is seriously insulting.

Firstly it asks you to comment. Then it complains there's a URL in the comment, even though there isn't. Then it makes you wait 120 seconds to see if you've managed to change whatever it thinks is a URL. (It could be a squiggle, or a non-ASCII character).

Finally it tells you it won't accept a comment on an "older" article (about six weeks old) unless you have enough reputation.

WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T IT TELL ME THAT INITIALLY?

Can you please do rate-limiting last, and permanent reasons why I can't comment first (ideally before I've typed a word)?
    06-22-2020 04:41 AM
    Can I ask you to rethink your comment sections? The software is seriously insulting.

Firstly it asks you to comment. Then it complains there's a URL in the comment, even though there isn't. Then it makes you wait 120 seconds to see if you've managed to change whatever it thinks is a URL. (It could be a squiggle, or a non-ASCII character).

Finally it tells you it won't accept a comment on an "older" article (about six weeks old) unless you have enough reputation.

WHY ON EARTH DIDN'T IT TELL ME THAT INITIALLY?

Can you please do rate-limiting last, and permanent reasons why I can't comment first (ideally before I've typed a word)?
    What kind of URL were you trying to post?
    06-22-2020 07:11 AM
    I wasn't. That's part of the point. It might have been a reference to ~£20
    06-22-2020 08:27 AM
    I wasn't. That's part of the point. It might have been a reference to ~£20
    What software are you referring to?
    06-22-2020 09:22 AM
    What software are you referring to?
    The software running on the server that allows us to comment, at a guess.
    07-27-2020 03:41 PM
    [thread moved]

Sometimes there is a glitch where members see some sort of reference to a reputation level (which isn’t employed here) or some other strange error. I would suggest clearing cache and see if that fixes the error. We are actually in process of some big changes, but until those are released - apologies for any inconveniences you may have had when posting.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-27-2020 06:37 PM