Have any of you received an email indicating someone trying to sign in to your iMore account?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I received an email from the forum saying someone was trying to sign into my account.

This is very frustrating . Hoping it has been resolved

sinime

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Someone attempting

Not sure if it's related, but I opened the iPhone app for iMore and every thread I clicked on gave some sort of error message until it finally showed a message that I had attempted to log in with the wrong password too many times and had locked me out. Opened my computer, went to the site, and everything was fine. So I think there is either an issue with the app or the site is/was having an issue the app didn't know how to handle.

Edit: just checked and I did receive an email entitled, "Failed Login Notification on iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com"

Edit 2: Interesting, the email listed an IP address that is not on my network. Maybe there was someone trying to hack accounts tonight?

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I received an email from the forum saying someone was trying to sign into my account.

This is very frustrating . Hoping it has been resolved

We had a small issue with the login system yesterday and late last night. Due to this, you may have not been able to log in and likely received an email stating that your account was locked. The issue has now been resolved. @sinime Through our troubleshooting, there were no indications someone else eas trying to access your account, most folks had their own IP listed and others who did not would have saw one of our IP addresses.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2