Opinion: The iMore blog has gone way down hill

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Exactly this. If you have feelings and concerns about iMore and care enough to have taken the time to post in this thread, then why not be a part of the solution?

Because this topic specifically has nothing to do with the forums. It has to do with the homepage and how bad it’s become. The forums are what they are, help areas and information exchange. The forums are fine but this particular thread is on the homepage. As a result of that a lot of people don’t come here anymore and the forums have died down significantly.

I will say that that within the last couple of days the content on the homepage has improved some and it’s not a constant onslaught of trying to get you to buy whatever company has paid for the ad space.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Because this topic specifically has nothing to do with the forums. It has to do with the homepage and how bad it’s become. The forums are what they are, help areas and information exchange. The forums are fine but this particular thread is on the homepage. As a result of that a lot of people don’t come here anymore and the forums have died down significantly.

I will say that that within the last couple of days the content on the homepage has improved some and it’s not a constant onslaught of trying to get you to buy whatever company has paid for the ad space.

I understand, but the content from the homepage does spill over into the forums.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Here I access forums via Tapatalk, and all iMore post keeps flooding and flooding it. That's what I'm talking about, mainly.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. And if iMore had a subscription that did away with ads and all the iMore posts, I'd pay for it.

At one point I’d consider it, but as of late, iMore hasn’t produced anything worth my money on the blog side. I come here and go straight to the forums now as there just isn’t a lot worth viewing on the news/blog side. I go to other websites for my news. I enjoyed iMore at one time but I feel they have less focus on editorials and actual articles and more of a focus on ads, how-tos and selling third party products.

So my ad blocker will stay and I wouldn’t personally considering paying a subscription.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
True, but who wants to see how to "Grab" a deal for a kitchen blender?

Not me! I find those types of posts most annoying. I don't mind "so much" the ads that are even remotely connected to our Apple products. But anything that isn't really bugs me. And just because I've come to accept their presence here, doesn't mean that I've come to like them! :D

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Not me! I find those types of posts most annoying. I don't mind "so much" the ads that are even remotely connected to our Apple products. But anything that isn't really bugs me. And just because I've come to accept their presence here, doesn't mean that I've come to like them! :D

Was it a smart blender? lol

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Imo, on the blog side, iMore is no more... now all that’s left is adMore...
That shark was jumped sometime shortly after the Pokémon Go onslaught of articles began, and featured writers such as Peter Cohen, Allyson Kazmucha, and Serenity Caldwell left.
I’ve since turned to other sites/blogs for Apple related information and commentary, that I used to SOLELY visit iMore for...

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
iMore has cooperated with TWiT for many years, hosting or cohosting shows. It's also pretty normal for these bloggers to change sites. Didn't Serenity come from a Mac magazine? Macworld maybe? And she left because of an amazing opportunity to work for Apple! Others have left, or came for other reasons. I definitely would not say that it was any kind of mass exodus or anything like that!

danib62

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I think today is a perfect example of how iMore has gone down the ****ter. Instead of having one article about the Nintendo Switch Lite they have 10 different articles each with a clickbaity headline like "Does the Nintendo Switch Lite do X?" Utter garbage journalism just trolling for clicks and SEO.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR