I cannot seem to read the mobile version of iMore on my iPhone without the page being hijacked after just a few moments by a full-screen add that says "Congratulations" and telling me I have won something or other from Amazon.

This does not happen to me on the desktop version of the site, but only on the mobile version. Is there some ad that iMore is allowing that is doing this? Has their mobile site been hacked?

I've checked the Safari settings on my iPhone and they are pretty strict -- block popups, no cross-site tracking, ask websites not to track, fraud website warning, disallow camera and microphone.... I even cleared out the saved web data for iMore in case some previously planted bit of javascript was allowing this.

Would love to read your website on mobile, but simply cannot.
    12-14-2018 11:04 AM
    Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It seems we might have a rogue ad, which happens from time to time. If it continues to happen can you try to get a screencap and post it here? I'll notify our technical staff. Thanks.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-14-2018 07:19 PM
    Welcome to iMore

In the mean time you can download the iMore Forum app.

iMore Forums by Mobile Nations https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imor...mUvbUpU3113716
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-14-2018 08:53 PM
    Using ad-blockers will assist with this. When I disabled my ad-blocker I noticed this on a few sites I frequent. It's so annoying as it completely ruins the browsing experience.
    Just_Me_D and kataran like this.
    12-14-2018 09:06 PM
    I Hate that, I have not had that happen for a while, since that game that was about destroying sweets, did not have a blocker then !!
    12-15-2018 08:23 AM