returnmyjedi

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I can understand why R rated cussing is censored, but as seen as Mr Pottymouth Ritchie can say d@mn and h3ll why can't us mere mortals? I appreciate that this is an Apple site and their raison d'etre is to know better than the rest of us but it does come across as somewhat patronising.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen any censorship of those words here. Mostly it's words used in name calling and really vulgar stuff. IDK. I might be wrong.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
We all agreed to the same rules and guidelines whe we joined the forums. It's pretty clear about language.
https://forums.imore.com/volunteer-hub/385947-community-rules-guidelines.html#post2913734

Moderators are volunteers who are required to ensure that the R&G are followed in the Forums, and answer to their Team Leader and Forums Manager for their performance. But Moderators have no jurisdiction in the editorial areas of Mobile Nations.

So, there's a partial answer. As you've posted in the site feedback section, I'm sure you'll get a reply about the rest.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I’d just keep away from the swearing. That way your safe. Don’t worry about the others, because if you do it you might get kicked and not them. Who knows?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
In real life I've cursed out of anger in certain situations, but here or any forum you have time to think so there is no reason for vulgar language.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
It takes multiple instances to earn enough infractions for a permanent ban. Someone has to work at it or ignore mod warnings to be banned for language offenses.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods