Just amazing how this once wonderful site has become almost unusable. Trackers, obtrusive ads etc. Any hope of ever getting it back to running reasonably well.
    05-26-2017 11:32 AM
    I never experienced that as I cannot even get the website to load, on my phone, and the app keeps crashing...
    Not a pleasant experience.
    05-26-2017 12:34 PM
    I am visiting iMore quite a lot on my iPhone and have to say I don't recognize your experience. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and help you out, so you can experience iMore to the fullest extent.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-26-2017 02:08 PM
    weird, just a list of things you could buy if you were daft enough, can't find 'my account' or whatever it was called,or blogs etc, what is it for, now ?
    05-26-2017 02:55 PM
    weird, just a list of things you could buy if you were daft enough, can't find 'my account' or whatever it was called,or blogs etc, what is it for, now ?
    You can find it under http://forums.imore.com/private.php
    05-26-2017 03:55 PM
    Maybe try using the iMore App? There are almost no adds and things work very smoothly. 😃

I also love the ability to quickly reply to anyone's comment from the bottom of the screen. So I can read the comment while typing. Very efficient.

I do get where you are coming from and no one likes adds but it allows iMore to keep the site running. If you want to hide some of the adds, you can click the little arrow on the right hand side of the Web page just above all the adds. 😃
    05-27-2017 01:28 AM
    iMore runs well on my phone and on a computer. If you really want to experience something, try operationsports.com on the computer. I don't even visit that site outside of Tapatalk lol
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-27-2017 06:10 AM
    Tartarus, thank you ! I should have expected this, iMore website and forum have been randomly dropping my sign ins for months now at about fortnightly intervals. Let's hope that's stopped now.
    05-27-2017 07:06 AM
    I never experienced that as I cannot even get the website to load, on my phone, and the app keeps crashing...
    Not a pleasant experience.
    The app for me doesn't keep crashing however when I get notifications about news/blog articles, topics, discussions etc when I tap the notification it rarely takes me to the article, topic or discussion it just opens the app. Then when I tap Push Notifications in Setting the iMore Forums app just crashes.

Anyone else have this issue?
    05-27-2017 07:09 AM
    Becoming really disappointed as well. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when running an ad blocker started breaking the site from working, so I turned it off for iMore and it wasn't too bad at first. Then this week every time I visit a ridiculous popup ad appears. So I gave it a shot and turned my blocker back on. Hmm no more annoying popup ads and the site seems to still be working now. If the blocker starts breaking the site again and the popups are still there, I'm out. Note I'm talking about the main iMore site not the forums itself.
    06-08-2017 01:40 PM
    I have to use an ad blocker to browse the forums from my computer. The experience is so slow and choppy otherwise, unfortunately. When I've got the ad block enabled my experience is so smooth and awesome. When I disable it (to try and help the site sometimes) my experience is horrible.
    06-08-2017 02:19 PM
    I definitely don't visit iMore as much as I used to. It's just awful to navigate and not very pleasing to the eye. What on earth were they thinking??
    Wotchered likes this.
    06-30-2017 11:29 AM
    Design aside, I'm having a lot of trouble getting the website to launch on Safari on my brand new Macbook Pro. really disappointing as I really just want to talk about my experiences.
    07-08-2017 06:34 PM
    It's garbage. The only way to access the forums from the home page is to actually open an article and then click the forums link on the right. The forum link on the home page on the left, in the yellow is non functional. In fact none of those links work.
    rewNATION likes this.
    07-26-2017 10:36 PM
    I have the same issue. Someone needs to sharpen their web design skills at iMore. No one in charge will even address any of the issues users are having.
    07-27-2017 10:47 AM
    @everyone - catching up on this thread here, THANK YOU for all of the candid feedback.

I know we've pushed a LOT of changes through the spring and summer, so if you could take a moment to bullet point the main issues/concerns/bugs you're still experiencing, I would really appreciate it.

I'll make sure these get relayed over to our tech and design teams ASAP.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. Feel free to PM or email me if you need anything - james AT mobilenations dot com.
    David Lundblad and pkcable like this.
    08-09-2017 09:17 AM
    @everyone - catching up on this thread here, THANK YOU for all of the candid feedback.

I know we've pushed a LOT of changes through the spring and summer, so if you could take a moment to bullet point the main issues/concerns/bugs you're still experiencing, I would really appreciate it.

I'll make sure these get relayed over to our tech and design teams ASAP.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. Feel free to PM or email me if you need anything - james AT mobilenations dot com.
    Thanks for being open to suggestions. That's cool that you didn't dismiss them. Kudos to you.
    David Lundblad likes this.
    08-09-2017 09:39 AM
    Hey everyone and thanks for taking the time to let us know of the issues you are having!

Let me see if I get this right:

- Most of the issues appear to be around trackers which slows the site down and sometimes even stopping it from loading
    - The amount of trackers and ads are, understandably, making you use AdBlockers which render the burger menu and ability to log in non functional
    - Issues with the navigation in general (?), the design etc

Trackers: This is an ongoing process for us and while it is still bad (it really is!) it's now much better than it was a couple of months ago...the work continues...
    AdBlocker: We are adding a way to log in from the Forum header area
    Designs: We are listening and are committed to brining you a great experience - we spent a lot of time thinking about and testing with our regular members before pushing the new forums live - if anything is missing we will deal with it asap so don't hesitate to let us know!

tx again!
    Rob Phillips and pkcable like this.
    08-10-2017 02:50 AM
    It's garbage. The only way to access the forums from the home page is to actually open an article and then click the forums link on the right. The forum link on the home page on the left, in the yellow is non functional. In fact none of those links work.
    I just type forums.imore.com in my browser and come right in.
    08-10-2017 05:04 AM
    Thanks @James Falconer @David Lundblad for being so responsive to our community!
    08-10-2017 07:48 AM
    Just amazing how this once wonderful site has become almost unusable. Trackers, obtrusive ads etc. Any hope of ever getting it back to running reasonably well.
    Not to mention the clumsy looking homepage. The ease of use is completely absent now.
    08-21-2017 12:37 PM
    Hey everyone and thanks for taking the time to let us know of the issues you are having!

Let me see if I get this right:

- Most of the issues appear to be around trackers which slows the site down and sometimes even stopping it from loading
    - The amount of trackers and ads are, understandably, making you use AdBlockers which render the burger menu and ability to log in non functional
    - Issues with the navigation in general (?), the design etc

Trackers: This is an ongoing process for us and while it is still bad (it really is!) it's now much better than it was a couple of months ago...the work continues...
    AdBlocker: We are adding a way to log in from the Forum header area
    Designs: We are listening and are committed to brining you a great experience - we spent a lot of time thinking about and testing with our regular members before pushing the new forums live - if anything is missing we will deal with it asap so don't hesitate to let us know!

tx again!
    Why no option to upload images on the mobile site? And no way to switch to desktop view in Safari mobile? I'd much rather have desktop view than mobile.
    08-21-2017 02:58 PM
    I'm still having tons of issues. Forums only load partially on Chrome and safari and about 40% of the time the page loads blank.
    08-23-2017 12:34 PM
    After mentioning I didn't see a way to switch to desktop in Safari mobile several times, I finally found how. It's the little spy glass icon next to the gear icon.

Presto, the desktop view.

So now images can be uploaded.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-28-2017 10:15 PM
    @Ledsteplin - You're a sleuth! Ironic that the icon is a magnifying glass... :P

I'll check with the team to make sure that's the intended icon and function. Any other suggestions don't hesitate to sound off in this thread!
    pkcable likes this.
    08-29-2017 08:45 AM
30 12