iMore is has become Unusable

sligoker

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Just amazing how this once wonderful site has become almost unusable. Trackers, obtrusive ads etc. Any hope of ever getting it back to running reasonably well.

SparklyPickle

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Imore is has become Unusable

I never experienced that as I cannot even get the website to load, on my phone, and the app keeps crashing...
Not a pleasant experience.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Imore is has become Unusable

I am visiting iMore quite a lot on my iPhone and have to say I don't recognize your experience. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along and help you out, so you can experience iMore to the fullest extent.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

weird, just a list of things you could buy if you were daft enough, can't find 'my account' or whatever it was called,or blogs etc, what is it for, now ?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

Maybe try using the iMore App? There are almost no adds and things work very smoothly. 😃

I also love the ability to quickly reply to anyone's comment from the bottom of the screen. So I can read the comment while typing. Very efficient.

I do get where you are coming from and no one likes adds but it allows iMore to keep the site running. If you want to hide some of the adds, you can click the little arrow on the right hand side of the Web page just above all the adds. 😃

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

iMore runs well on my phone and on a computer. If you really want to experience something, try operationsports.com on the computer. I don't even visit that site outside of Tapatalk lol

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Tartarus, thank you ! I should have expected this, iMore website and forum have been randomly dropping my sign ins for months now at about fortnightly intervals. Let's hope that's stopped now.

Dealz417

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
Imore is has become Unusable

I never experienced that as I cannot even get the website to load, on my phone, and the app keeps crashing...
Not a pleasant experience.

The app for me doesn't keep crashing however when I get notifications about news/blog articles, topics, discussions etc when I tap the notification it rarely takes me to the article, topic or discussion it just opens the app. Then when I tap Push Notifications in Setting the iMore Forums app just crashes.

Anyone else have this issue?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Becoming really disappointed as well. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when running an ad blocker started breaking the site from working, so I turned it off for iMore and it wasn't too bad at first. Then this week every time I visit a ridiculous popup ad appears. So I gave it a shot and turned my blocker back on. Hmm no more annoying popup ads and the site seems to still be working now. If the blocker starts breaking the site again and the popups are still there, I'm out. Note I'm talking about the main iMore site not the forums itself.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I have to use an ad blocker to browse the forums from my computer. The experience is so slow and choppy otherwise, unfortunately. When I've got the ad block enabled my experience is so smooth and awesome. When I disable it (to try and help the site sometimes) my experience is horrible.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I definitely don't visit iMore as much as I used to. It's just awful to navigate and not very pleasing to the eye. What on earth were they thinking??

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Design aside, I'm having a lot of trouble getting the website to launch on Safari on my brand new Macbook Pro. really disappointing as I really just want to talk about my experiences.

SandersJC1964

May 3, 2016
Visit site

It's garbage. The only way to access the forums from the home page is to actually open an article and then click the forums link on the right. The forum link on the home page on the left, in the yellow is non functional. In fact none of those links work.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I have the same issue. Someone needs to sharpen their web design skills at iMore. No one in charge will even address any of the issues users are having.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

@everyone - catching up on this thread here, THANK YOU for all of the candid feedback.

I know we've pushed a LOT of changes through the spring and summer, so if you could take a moment to bullet point the main issues/concerns/bugs you're still experiencing, I would really appreciate it.

I'll make sure these get relayed over to our tech and design teams ASAP.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. Feel free to PM or email me if you need anything - james AT mobilenations dot com.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

@everyone - catching up on this thread here, THANK YOU for all of the candid feedback.

I know we've pushed a LOT of changes through the spring and summer, so if you could take a moment to bullet point the main issues/concerns/bugs you're still experiencing, I would really appreciate it.

I'll make sure these get relayed over to our tech and design teams ASAP.

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. Feel free to PM or email me if you need anything - james AT mobilenations dot com.

Thanks for being open to suggestions. That's cool that you didn't dismiss them. Kudos to you.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Hey everyone and thanks for taking the time to let us know of the issues you are having!

Let me see if I get this right:

- Most of the issues appear to be around trackers which slows the site down and sometimes even stopping it from loading
- The amount of trackers and ads are, understandably, making you use AdBlockers which render the burger menu and ability to log in non functional
- Issues with the navigation in general (?), the design etc

Trackers: This is an ongoing process for us and while it is still bad (it really is!) it's now much better than it was a couple of months ago...the work continues...
AdBlocker: We are adding a way to log in from the Forum header area
Designs: We are listening and are committed to brining you a great experience - we spent a lot of time thinking about and testing with our regular members before pushing the new forums live - if anything is missing we will deal with it asap so don't hesitate to let us know!

tx again!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

It's garbage. The only way to access the forums from the home page is to actually open an article and then click the forums link on the right. The forum link on the home page on the left, in the yellow is non functional. In fact none of those links work.

I just type forums.imore.com in my browser and come right in. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner