I just want to say

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Thank you iMore community. I am finding Apple users much nicer than Android users. They are very rude and curt on their opinions of those who switched to Apple or even those who don't see their way on things. I made a general comment on a YouTube video comparison and if it's as though I committed a major crime. Some Apple users had the same opinions but it was like the election campaign. Very nasty. I won't comment on YouTube anymore
I commented the S8 looks gorgeous but my recent experience made me switch to Apple . Nothing degrading to Samsung. Just a statement I decided to switch and it was like I made this huge mistake .
And those who switched like me responded in a positive manner defending me. Geeze.

Chemy JMHT

VR ******
Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Well I don't usually care about the haters on Internet, but at least on Android Central (Forum) I usually comment without any fear of any aggression :p

But I think my saying is valid in a lot of places: "If you don't have nothing nice to say, for sure you are commenting on Internet"

But that's something more of Twitter and Youtube, there you can't probably avoid 10 years old kids who will kill you.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Here across all Mobile Nations sites we do strive to be a friendly and welcoming community. We have great mods we help keep everything civil if they start getting out of hand. In my experience I've noticed really strong opinions from both Apple and Android users. I tend to avoid areas where it's really bad, that's one of the many reasons I love the Mobile Nations sites.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I made a general comment and was told I prefer simplistic because I don't understand complexity of Android. Among other comments. And they just kept on throwing the punches. I will never comment again on YouTube. That was really eye opening to internet bullying

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
First I will say that I agree that imore has good members and most are very friendly and helpful. I have bounced around all of the platforms and have never really had an issue on any of the Mobile Nations sites when I decide to try something different. Maybe a comment or two but much less than other places. YouTube is probably the worst. I assume it's an age thing. I'm not sure it is actual age or just mental age sometimes but I just laugh off those comments and feel bad for the person making them.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I know that feeling all too well. 12 months ago I left Android (after 8-ish years) to try Apple. My Android "friends" all basically dis-owned me. Oh well, THEIR loss.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I will never understand it. For what reason should people get upset simply because another opts to try a different smartphone brand? 🤦*♂️ To the OP, don't sweat it. You made a decision that was best for you and that's all that matters. If others can't understand it or won't accept it, so be it. It's your money and your choice...not theirs. Period.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am in stitches laughing right now. A comment was posted on YouTube saying iPhone is a fashion statement for young women and easy for the elderly to use. Also more women use the iPhone then men
Apple is for technology inept people because it's simple to use

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am in stitches laughing right now. A comment was posted on YouTube saying iPhone is a fashion statement for young women and easy for the elderly to use. Also more women use the iPhone then men
Apple is for technology inept people because it's simple to use

Lol. That's a pretty standard comment over there when someone mentions using an iPhone. I have a pretty vivid picture in my head of the type of kid posting that comment. It always has me in stitches.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm so glad that you found us. I too have experienced this with "friends of friends" and with some of my inlaws! I refuse to engage, and just smh! LOL! One has since grudgingly migrated to Apple... and was complaining just last night because she couldn't share a photo onto FB Messenger. She handed me her phone, and after a couple of swipes, etc. she was all set. She was tickled pink, and just smiled!

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow! hello it's just a phone We choose IOS because it's the Best there is right now other people choose Android be cause it is Their choice Relax -Be Happy, Chill .

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Just a device IMHO, and everyone is free to spend their money on what THEY want.

The reception here (coming from BB and crackberry forum) was nothing but pretty decent.

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Both Android and iOS are brilliant, and I've enjoyed both ecosystems. It's human nature, however, to believe that people using a different OS, Guitar Brand, Car Make, Pancake Mix, etc. are somehow deficient. Don't let it get to you OP - It's just people being people.

I just got a shiny new iPhone SE -- which, believe me, is a powerhouse -- and you should hear the comments about my tiny phone!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Thx everyone. We all know differently
I liked Android but got fed up with issues on my Samsung. Not having those issues now. I did have a reception problem but we got that handled. All is good and I love mi iPhone and iMore

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Trolls on any site are not worth fretting over or getting hurt about. Ignore and move on...the fact that you have started a thread about this shows they got to you.
Next time just ignore...

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I have the same experience. They have very negative and strong opinions for iPhone users while iPhone users are nice, elegant and well mannered and open to different views.

HBLEY

Banned
Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank you iMore community. I am finding Apple users much nicer than Android users. They are very rude and curt on their opinions of those who switched to Apple or even those who don't see their way on things. I made a general comment on a YouTube video comparison and if it's as though I committed a major crime. Some Apple users had the same opinions but it was like the election campaign. Very nasty. I won't comment on YouTube anymore
I commented the S8 looks gorgeous but my recent experience made me switch to Apple . Nothing degrading to Samsung. Just a statement I decided to switch and it was like I made this huge mistake .
And those who switched like me responded in a positive manner defending me. Geeze.

Can you please post the URL of that video?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro