Email Notifications

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've looked through my user settings and can't seem to find anywhere to disable email Notifications for when someone quotes a post of mine in the forums. I am using Tapatalk but have also disabled email Notifications there. The email does appear to come from iMore rather than Tapatalk as well.

Anyone else with this issue? (Please don't quote me if possible otherwise I'll get an email....Haha! :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully someone that knows responds soon. I use Tapatalk as well & I've turned off every notification I have but lately I keep getting emails. Not sure what the issue is but it's taking over my email account

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
OP,

On the iMore website, go to Settings > General Settings. Under the headings at left, scroll way down to the bottom of that list. Select User Tagging, > Settings. Look for "Disable Quote Emails" and check the box beside it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Also, in addition to the above, go to General Settings > Messaging and Notifications > set those as desired. Some are email notifications.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
OP,

On the iMore website, go to Settings > General Settings. Under the headings at left, scroll way down to the bottom of that list. Select User Tagging, > Settings. Look for "Disable Quote Emails" and check the box beside it.

Also, in addition to the above, go to General Settings > Messaging and Notifications > set those as desired. Some are email notifications.

I had the same issue. I did all that but I keep getting spammed with emails (yes, getting one as soon as someone posts in a subscribed thread here or AC, when I get quoted and everything, is spam since I get a LOT of them in no time).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue. I did all that but I keep getting spammed with emails (yes, getting one as soon as someone posts in a subscribed thread here or AC, when I get quoted and everything, is spam since I get a LOT of them in no time).

There was another place. But can't find it on the new online site.
Here. This was in the old site. It's under Manage Your Follows. Tap instant email to disable emails. They really don't make things clear on how to stop the emails. They're very annoying.
2d15991534f305a8d54c2da63238f4df.jpg

Last edited:

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
OP,

I don't know how I missed that, but thanks! Disabled what I could there. :)

Feel free to quote me and we'll see if it works.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how I missed that, but thanks! Disabled what I could there. :)

Feel free to quote me and we'll see if it works.

I never would have thought to look under tagging if someone had not told me. I think there's 3 separate places to check email preferences. That's confusing. They should at least make the default with no emails. Then if one wants them they can check them as needed.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods