Feedback regarding commenting on articles on iMore

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Firstly, this is what happens when u use a commenting system yourself, u i have to put up with Mobile nations stuff (I'm assuming the commenting is done from MN) if not, then sorry :)

When u reply to a comment, while the editing is their reply, the actual posting of it in the location on the page is not..

That is to say, when u reply to someone, u see the comment only that u are reply to, but after it posts, it does not always go underneath the person u'r replying to but more so, somewhere after, which hints to others u'r probably to anyone.

Secondly, if a comment section has heaps of comments/replies on one page it not only takes time to load but if u try and interrupt (ESC key) edit you own posts before the full page has finished (visually u can see comments) then i get a garbage of text... If you are signed in, the text is a whole heap, but this is what happens if u just to it:

http://www.imore.com/ajax_comments/edit/772543

For me, the page is full of text..

The workaround is to wait for the page to load, *then* edit as required. That, plus the automatic scrolling/jumping as the page loads with all comments, is all just a bit much.. Perhaps page numbers and 'limits on so many comments per page will reduce this load time.'

Why doesn't iMore switch over and use Discus? That's much better and the voting is still there. Because its up to date, and its shared system that many websites use for commenting ...

Any thought on that idea ? or is MobileNations just "part of the gang" ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your post as written is hard to follow, and I apologize if I've misunderstood what you typed. Having said that, wouldn't selecting the quote option when replying let everyone know to whom you're replying, regardless of where in the thread the reply ends up?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is not relating to the forums,,, its to do with the comments when u post or reply to from imore.com

For example: Consumer Reports Fails to Earn MacBook Pro Credibility | iMore

the page scroll bar and page jumps around all over the page if u scroll yourself before the page finishes loading... Trying to eidt your own comments before that happends results in a page of garbage text.

It is working as it should. Have you noticed the difference in icon sizes? For instance, an OP of an original comment has a larger icon size and the people who are replying to that particular comment have smaller icon sizes. The replies are in the order in which they are received.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice