Strange cursor issues when posting

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have started seeing a really strange issue when posting a reply to a forum post. Typically I quote the post to which I am replying for continuity and context. However, I am seeing strange cursor movement when I do.

I quote the post, and the forum software pastes the tags and positions the cursor TWO lines below the pasted quoted text. If, when typing my response, I make a typo, I press the DELETE key to backspace to the typo to correct it. As soon as I type any character, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the line immediately above my response and the "correction" is entered at that point.

I have tested this behavior on multiple forum sites, but only seems to happen here - so it must be something within the code here. I have tested this in both Firefox and Safari, with the same results.
View attachment 85075

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Very strange. Documenting now for the tech team to check out.

Thanks for the video capture, very helpful!

I discovered tonight that this strangeness only occurs when I have selected the Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG option as the editor. I had changed my editor to the Standard Editor and it went away. I switched back tonight and the strange cursor movement returned. Maybe that bit of info will help the tech team find the bug.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I discovered tonight that this strangeness only occurs when I have selected the Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG option as the editor. I had changed my editor to the Standard Editor and it went away. I switched back tonight and the strange cursor movement returned. Maybe that bit of info will help the tech team find the bug.

Thanks! Have sent this info along to tech as well.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Should be fixed now :)

Thanks, James. I will switch back to the Full WYSIWYG editor and monitor the activity. Will advise of any issues.

Unfortunately, James, this issue is NOT resolved. Within 10 minutes, I encountered the bug again. Back to the Standard Editor for me (again).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2