I love iMore for its tech coverage, but I hate that every time I do a search for new posts I get slammed with political rhetoric and Ebola scares. Is there any way to simply filter those forums from my searches?

After many years of being a regular reader here, I regret to say that I come to iMore less and less lately because of this.
    10-16-2014 09:55 PM
    If love to be able to ignore entire sub forums as well.
    10-16-2014 10:01 PM
    I actually had a post about this some years ago; it was possible then to alter your search URL to include "&exclude" text along with forum ID numbers, but I can't locate that post now (and of course that method may no longer work). I'll update if I find something.

In the meantime, I hope the admins will consider that there are those of us who avoid cable news programs for a reason!
    10-16-2014 10:12 PM
    I actually had a post about this some years ago; it was possible then to alter your search URL to include "&exclude" text along with forum ID numbers, but I can't locate that post now (and of course that method may no longer work). I'll update if I find something.

In the meantime, I hope the admins will consider that there are those of us who avoid cable news programs for a reason!
    Even if that method works still, I almost always use Tapatalk so I'd need a server level fix for this.
    10-16-2014 10:28 PM
    Good point, there are a lot of Tapatalk users. Hopefully someone at iMore/Mobile Nations will take it under consideration.
    10-17-2014 09:25 AM
    Good point, there are a lot of Tapatalk users. Hopefully someone at iMore/Mobile Nations will take it under consideration.
    I have another forum that I visit that does allow you to disable certain forums or subforums. But this only works from a web browser. When I access that site via Tapatalk, all of the forums are visible - there doesn’t seem to be a way to hide them via Tapatalk, even if the forum software at the site allows it. Clearly it’s an issue that needs to be addressed at the server level, but it IS annoying.
    10-17-2014 09:31 AM
    I wish for this also. For the first time since I've been visiting iMore I've added people to my ignore list. I would much rather block an entire sub-forum.
    10-17-2014 10:43 AM
    @Massie - I agree with you. Shoot me a note direct (my email is below), I have a few questions for you... will see what I can pull together for you and all of our members!

@HankAZ - If you could email me live examples from other sites that you think work well, I'll take a look!

Thanks all!
    zerog46, Massie and pr1nce like this.
    10-17-2014 02:45 PM
    @Massie - I agree with you. Shoot me a note direct (my email is below), I have a few questions for you... will see what I can pull together for you and all of our members!

@HankAZ - If you could email me live examples from other sites that you think work well, I'll take a look!

Thanks all!
    Hi James,

Thanks for the response! I don't see your email, though. Feel free to PM me if that's easier.
    10-17-2014 10:34 PM

Thanks all!
    Email sent.
    10-17-2014 10:49 PM
    @Massie - james AT mobilenations dot com.
    10-20-2014 08:59 AM
    Thanks Hank. Received!
    10-20-2014 08:59 AM
    Was there a solution reached? I'd also like to be able to disable a few sub forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-28-2014 09:06 PM