How Often Do You Change Your Main Password Or Keep The Same One?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
OK this is what this topic boils down to - Do you keep the same password for every single app on your phone that requires one or Website or even to get on to iMore to participate? Do you have a regular schedule of any password you have, Do you change it or just simply leave it alone no matter what it is for and never even think about it.

Do you think you have the perfect password and minimum requirements to just get by or do you go above and over but mainly do you change it on a regular schedule and to make sure, If the answer is YES you do change ALL your passwords regular, Do you use a Password app and remember like I asked - Do you use more than one password for everything or keep the same one?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I use several passwords for different things thanks to Keeper Password & Data Vault. I only change a couple of passwords maybe twice per year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Even though most of my passwords look like this -> 4qY~eMt_p$Arf-}g, I still change them fairly often. Some more often than others.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use several passwords for different things thanks to Keeper Password & Data Vault. I only change a couple of passwords maybe twice per year.

Even though most of my passwords look like this -> 4qY~eMt_p$Arf-}g, I still change them fairly often. Some more often than others.

Same here
Well mine don't look like 'Ds but I agree with all 3 that I do the same thing and change and use a password App like DataVault for me. :) Thank you for your answers.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I usually keep the same one, Only I change a variant of it. Like for example I'll put XXXX1 one month, Then change them all to XXX12 the next. It's always one word, Just with added digits or sometimes even symbols. I always use a capital letter on the start of the word/phrase.

Edit: I don't use a password keeper. I probably should. :straight-face:

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I change all my password 2 times a year. All 16 alpha numerical characters with symbols. I use one password for everything. And 2 step authentication if available.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Ohhh passwords... Just the mention of them makes everyone groan lol
I change my passwords frequently on security sites other sites not as often.

Sent from my iPhone5 using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro