Are you kidding me

boochrisboo

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
So now to post i have to have approval from a moderator to tell me my post is worthy of Imore.

I submit a post and get this

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so."

Apple even has their forums locked down?

BCB

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
imore gets many users who come here and post nothing but spam- I am guessing they do this so they can make sure your posts are legit. Keep posting and I am sure you will find out you like it here-

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So now to post i have to have approval from a moderator to tell me my post is worthy of Imore.

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so."

BCB

Thank you for inquiring about your moderated post(s). Please note that iMore has security measures in place that may "randomly" select posts to be placed in moderation (subject to review by our moderators) in an effort to protect our members and the integrity of the iMore forums. We value our community very much and glad that you are a part of it. Thank you for understanding, and continue to participate in any discussion you find interesting. Take care.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

BCB

Apple doesn’t lock down this forum... Mobile Nations does. It keep the spam content to a minimum... the moderated posts will no longer be required after you have posted 10 times.

Snark is welcome here. Spam is not.

Nurnberg77

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

BCB

Don't take it personal. It's not you. It's for the overall good of our beloved forum(s)...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup, welcome to the iMore walled garden.

btw, thanks for making sure to put your initials at the bottom of your posts, you know, in case someone became confused who posted your posts and didn't feel like glancing to the left.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Yup, welcome to the iMore walled garden.

btw, thanks for making sure to put your initials at the bottom of your posts, you know, in case someone became confused who posted your posts and didn't feel like glancing to the left.

Hey some of us have to look up, not to the right. Esp of we're using tapatalk.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there no school this week? The threads are off the wall!
I submitted my first post and got the same message. I thought " Gee they have something to stop spammers and make sure people are real:.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

BCB

I had to do the same thing when I first started posting at Android Central. I politely asked the moderator why in a private message, he informed me it was just a procedure that wasn't perfect, and we went about our days. I like it, actually.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I fail to see the big deal with this. Really, aren't there more important things to worry about?

You really asked that question in a public forum? What the heck is wrong with you? :)

To answer your question: yes, for the average, intelligent and reasoned individual, yes, there are. To the others, definitely not. For them, it’s one more thing to complain about and feel victimized by.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Notice how the original poster who, at the time of this comment - in addition to this thread, has a grand total of one other post/comment on the site hasn't graced this thread with any additional wisdom... and the other post was coming to an Apple centric site to share why he doesn't use Apple anymore... following this lead, perhaps I'll go to a vegan forum and see if they have any thoughts on pork recipes... smh.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Notice how the original poster who, at the time of this comment - in addition to this thread, has a grand total of one other post/comment on the site hasn't graced this thread with any additional wisdom... and the other post was coming to an Apple centric site to share why he doesn't use Apple anymore... following this lead, perhaps I'll go to a vegan forum and see if they have any thoughts on pork recipes... smh.

Lmao!!

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

maybe it is best to try to embrace new members (especially as a moderator) and their interest in talking about apple whether that be positive or negative. A forum is a place for discussion and it could get kinda boring if everyone agreed with everyone all the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2